Wednesday, August 3, 2022

REVIEW: Na Na Na Surprise Sweetest Gems Marina & Emery

I got two of the Na Na Na Surprise Sweetest Gems set. These are a birthstone series. They're all cats, which I rolled my eyes at, because Na Na Na overuses a lot of animals and cats are definitely one of them. Honestly, at this point, just make dolls. They didn't have to have animal hats. 

I picked Marina Tealstone (left) and Emery Moss (right). If you look at the gems, you'll see that they're really quite similar, so if you're choosing one in the store, be very careful you're getting the right doll. 


I wanted to show the similarity of the gems on the package so I figured I may as well continue to review them as a pair. 

The hair is nice. Marina's is a bit annoying because I tried to brush it into one continuous wave, but it fought me. It's nice hair but I don't want it to lay like it's in pigtails when it isn't. 



These brushes are cute but useless. They have too much hair for such tiny brushes. 

Ruby there is meant to represent garnet...but they named her Ruby. Is the ruby doll going to be named Garnet? I almost got her. Really came close. She was in my cart with all the other stuff, but then I decided with Claudia Pincer in there, I didn't need two Na Na Nas with straight red hair. I may cave on Ruby eventually if she goes on sale though. 

So these are garnet/January, amethyst/February, aquamarine/March, diamond/April, emerald/May, and alexandrite/June. I'm used to June being pearl, but I'm guessing they didn't want two white ones and chose to have two purple ones instead. Sigh. 


All dressed! These girls are very cute. I love Emery's shoes in particular. 

My Teens reviews are being postponed. My Claudia's face is crooked and they absolutely butchered her bangs, so I ordered a replacement. Keiko is fine except her bangs are sticking up in every direction. I wet them and used a plastic band to hold them down, so she should be ready for pics in a couple days. The cheaper dolls come out fine but the more expensive ones are both messed up. Way to go, MGAE. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. I really found this helpful because I kept finding ruby online at a good price but I was looking for garnet because that's my birthstone and only found one with an appalling price. Hopefully I can just find a better deal now!

    ReplyDelete