Wednesday, August 3, 2022

REVIEW: Mermaze Mermaidz Winter Waves Crystabella

 
The first Winter Waves rolled in today!

I bought both Crystabella and Kishiko. I want Nera but Target keeps teasing me with her being in stock only for her never to be there. Why is she the only one that's hard to find? 

I'm thrilled they changed the packaging. Having the tails sticking out was completely idiotic. 



Back of the box. 




Unlike the first series, these come with stands. There are three different clips, marked small, medium and large. 

This stand is HUGE!



Crystabella's accessories include an incredibly stiff winter jacket, a purse, mascara, nail polish, a makeup brush, an eyeshadow palette, a phone, a cup, and sunglasses. 



I'm using the small clip on her when it's just around her waist. It holds her nicely. 


Her tail is like a snow globe. It also weighs a ton! I didn't experiment with the color change aspect, as I prefer it like this. 



Her skin is shimmery. She is STUNNING. Her makeup is harder to see in regular light, but the flash really picks it up and shows off all the colors. 




Purse. I couldn't get it open so I'm thinking it's not designed to open. Would have been nicer if it was, so I could tuck some makeup inside. I like when the purses are functional. 



I love the little baby hair sideburns. Very elegant.



I propped her in the corner to show off the jacket. 

This thing is so stiff! It looks okay, but not that great. 




For me, it's not worth covering up the cool sleeves. 




Nope. 



Also nope. I wish these had clear lenses. She's a bookworm, so she could have worked sexy librarian well. 

I also wish her makeup accessories were something more fitting to her character. Like a book. Can we please start giving these characters accessories based on their personalities instead of generic girly crap?



Despite my nitpicking, I am really impressed with her. She's absolutely stunning. The makeup and hair are wonderful, and I love her basic outfit and jewelry. Her purse is cute, though I wish it was functional. This new line seems vastly improved from the first one. They're still overpriced but I feel like I've gotten something I like more for my money now. 

I love the stand aspect, although I wish the clips could be rotated. These are mermaids. They'd look really cool if you could display them sideways and make them look like they were swimming. 



Crystabella has me looking forward to Kishiko's arrival tomorrow, and I'm more determined than ever to locate a Nera. I'm not sure I want Gwen and I still hate Harmonique's tail, but I'll look at them in stores to make up my mind. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I didn't know they had shimmery skin too! Aaah I love them all...!

    ReplyDelete