Wednesday, August 3, 2022

MONTH IN REVIEW: June & July 2022


Time to catch up on the Month in Review. 

I skipped June because there were only a couple bears. 

This is Stef. Her fur reminded me of an older bear called Stuart, but his is slightly different in person. 

I like her. She's a simple sort of bear, more classic style than what I typically buy. And she's soft!


 

Battenberg almost made it onto my regular pre-order list. Her companion Garibaldi (same style, shades of brown) did make it. They remind me of Howie (my first CB ever) and Eton (who I have now but not Howie). After seeing owner pics of her, I decided I wanted her. She's quite cuddly and a little wobble-jointed so she flops nicely. I like her close-set eyes and how she's a different style to their usual pieces.



Kirsteen is my surprise bear of the year. She arrived not long before my oldest dog started declining more quickly and she was the one I cuddled a lot when I was grieving. If I'm not feeling well or I'm sad, Kirsteen has become my go to bear. 

She's gorgeous and very soothing to hold. Bears and plush are so great for emotional support. 

So that wraps up June. 



Big-eyed Calvin kicks off July. 

He was another unplanned purchased. I thought his eyes looked too huge in several owner pics, but then a member of one of my bear Facebook groups posted her excellent pics and I decided to try him out. He's petite and adorable. 



Australia is a nabarlek, which is a small marsupial like a wallaby. The real ones are even cuter than this because they have bigger eyes. CB added an interesting feature to some of their newer Bearhouse offerings. These marsupials have pouches! My only issue with this is that it forces them all to be female. She's very sweet, though I admit I'm more excited about the Bearhouse characters coming later this year. 



Brother to Bumbleberry Pie, who came out earlier this year. 

He's just as cuddly and chunky as she is. 



This big hairy guy is a lot cuter in person than I expected. He was one I wasn't initially super excited for, though I wanted him to go with my Cotton Candy, Soda Pop and Cheese Whizz trio in the same style. 

I was lucky enough to get one with a very sweet face, though this particular angle doesn't do him justice. 


Pretzel is bigger than I expected. His stock photo makes him look like this cutesy little tiny thing, but no, he's pretty sizeable. I mean, it says right in the listing that he's 14" but he feels larger. Being one designed by Charlie alone, he's got a structure to him that's different from the Isabelle Lee bears. If you have Peppermint or Kaleidoscope, he's like that. I like Pretzel because his colors remind me of an orange tabby cat and that was my favorite cat in childhood. He's got a sweet little face, even though he's not quite as cute as his promo pic. We were supposed to get the Cuddle Time bears in July, but when I didn't see Pretzel on the list, I decided to import him from CB Direct UK. Worth it! 




I saw how cute Cottontail was in a couple owner pics so I grabbed him from CB Direct along with Pretzel. Mine has a little narrower muzzle than I wanted but he's still really cute. I don't have a lot of bunnies so I'm happy to have another. He's big at 16" but fairly thin. His fur is nice and soft and he seems quite cuddly. The bears designed by Charlie alone are really good at being cuddly. They don't have the heavier stuffing that the Isabelle Lee bears do, so they're more squishy.



There are two facial structures I am a sucker for. The first is wide-set eyes. If I have a bunch of bears to pick from and there's one with wide-set eyes, that's likely going to be the one I like. Second is grump face and Higgins is a strong case of that. 

He's an older bear I picked up from a fellow collector and he's squishy, soft and just plain grumpily adorable. 




I also got Jigsaw from the same collector without doing any research on how big he was because I am not always intelligent. He's HUGE. I normally plan well in advance for the bigger bears, but he just happens to fit in perfectly on the Big Boy bottom shelf with Elijah, Ryder and Ambassador. 

He has a very sweet, gentle face for such a big bear. 


And that catches us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment