Sunday, August 21, 2022

REVIEW: Glo-Up Girls Series 2 Tiffany

I received 5 of the 6 Glo-Up Girls Series 2 (called Season 2, but this is not a TV show) yesterday from Amazon. Alex, who is my favorite, is not available yet. 

I'm going to do three reviews tonight. Both Erin and Kenzie I had to order replacements for. Kenzie had lip rubs and Erin also had lip damage. I'm going to give the same warning in all of these reviews: DO NOT TOUCH THE LIPSTICK. These dolls have the most unstable paint on their lips that I have ever seen on any type of doll. I've been known to do a little work on my dolls' lipstick. Some have a fleck of glitter or another paint color. Some have edges that are a little rough. So I just use my thumbnail to gently scrape away the excess paint and fix it up. Sometimes it's just a piece of glitter or something that brushes right off. When I opened Erin, she had a tiny black fleck in the corner of her mouth. I figured it was a little glitter, so I poked my nail in and gently moved it across where the black was. And an entire chunk of lipstick came off! Like down to the vinyl of her head as if she'd never been painted. I've never seen anything like it before. So if you're like me and you do little touch-ups on your dolls' lips, do NOT touch these particular dolls. From what I saw of the damage on Kenzie, it looked like something must have barely rubbed across her mouth, too. Both of my replacements are supposed to come tomorrow and hopefully they're in good shape. 


Tiffany and Rose needed a little gel wash-out, so that happened last night and now they're dry. 

I opted to start with Tiffany because she's actually the last one I opened. (I went in alphabetical order.)

Each doll comes with two cardboard picture frames (at the back), a shoebox, a makeup bag, a shopping bag, a sheet of hair gems, a sheet of stickers for their faces, and a little purple pouch where the accessories are. 

The shoebox contains a pair of white sneakers. All the dolls have the same pair. The only difference is the color of the star on the side. Packaged with the shoes are thin socks. 

The makeup bag has the little comb and the bottle, which has a makeup sponge on the tip of the lid for activating the color change. 

The jewelry is in the little purple packet. 

The purse is in the shopping bag.  




This is Tiffany straight out of the box. 



Closer shot. Her hair looked good, but the gel had to go. 




Here it is with the gel washed out except for the two tiny curls in the front. 

I didn't take a pic of the back of her hair, but it's partially pulled up in a little ponytail. 




Great shoes. 




I'm not a fan of this purse. It's weird. 





The socks and sneakers actually kinda work with this. 

I like the gold earrings, but I prefer the silver. The gold bracelets are nice, but not with this outfit. 




Sweater back on. Hmm. No, I think it looks too bulky. 

The pearl bow necklace is really cute. 




Back in the better shoes. 




Before color change. 


And after. I'm normally a fan of darker lipstick, but not here. Tiffany looks way better with the paler shade. Which is good because unlike most modern color change things, the dark color fades as the doll warms back up. 

I like Tiffany way more than I expected to. I always loved her dress and shoes, but the doll herself is really pretty and I'm glad I got her.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment