Sunday, August 7, 2022

REVIEW: Naturalistas Kelsey

 

I ordered Kelsey from Target. My store is currently remodeling and I have no idea how long it's going to take them to actually put new stuff out. They have bits and pieces, but I have zero patience. 

I didn't think Kelsey was coming out til November so I was excited to see her in stock on target. I was going to get Liya first, but Kelsey was my favorite, so it had to be her. 




Back of the box. 



The purse is meh. Nothing spectacular. 

The outfit materials are decent. I just hate the colors. I don't even mind the style of this outfit. I like one-sleeved things. But white? With logo print? Blech. I'm hoping these dolls do well enough that they can get some better clothing and shoes. 


Her hair is soft and lovely. There was a little gel that I brushed out. 

She has tiny earrings that are cute in their simplicity. 

Lovely face. Mine's eyes are a smidge off but not enough that I returned her. 



Simple shoes. I would have liked these better in white. I'm just not a fan of neutral heels. 



She's got good shape. A bit skinnier than similar-sized dolls but probably not enough that she couldn't share clothing. 

Only basic articulation. 




Roughly the same height as a standard Barbie. 



I took her into my room where all my bags of doll clothing are, having no idea what I'd dress her in. This Egyptian Barbie outfit caught my eye right away and it's perfect. Her hair makes me think of some existing ancient Egyptian wigs and their amazing volume, and of course, you can see a lot of thick wigs on statuary. 

So she actually found herself added to my Egyptian display! Definitely not where I ever would have guessed. 


I like her. I think she's worth the $12.99 price. That's cheap in doll standards nowadays. There is major room for improvement in the clothing and shoe areas, but the hair is great, I like the body and face sculpts, and she makes me want more of them. I think I'll try Liya next, though it may be a bit til I can order her. She's out of stock on both Target and Amazon right now. I wish they'd hurry up and finish resetting and remodeling my store!

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment