Wednesday, August 10, 2022

A Note on Frankie

I thought I'd do a little aside on Frankie. I originally did my last post with the original Frankie in mind, but then a friend said I misgendered them. I know the movie Frankie is enby, but is the new animated/doll Frankie? 

I decided to do a bit of research. There were all those blurbs going around with the voice actor info a while ago. But where did that come from and is it a solid source? 

Nickelodeon's website only has the movie that I can see. Both Nickelodeon and MH's Facebook pages only shared the image of all the VAs, no blurbs. 

I found an article on Animation Magazine's website that has all the info. Seems pretty official and Frankie is referred to as "they," so I edited my last post to reflect that. 

So for the moment, I'm going to assume animation/doll Frankie is also enby, just like movie Frankie. Eventually, we'll get stronger sources to really cement canon. 

I may mess up occasionally. I'm not perfect and I get excited when I type and don't think as clearly as I should. So if you see me screw up, point it out and I'll fix it. All I ask is that you remind me politely. I'm not doing it wrong to be disrespectful. I'm simply (boringly) human and it may take a bit to get into the habit, especially when I'm typing fast and excited about new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment