Wednesday, August 3, 2022

REVIEW: Antu Natural Wonderland/Nature's Secret by Penny's Box


I discovered this line of small blind box BJDs thanks to an ad on Facebook. Good old Facebook, helping me spend money. 

These seem to be called Antu by Penny's Box. I've seen the series called both Natural Wonderland and Nature's Secret. 

There are six boxes per case. A single box costs $20.99, but if you buy the entire case for $125.94, you're guaranteed a full set. Unless you get the special secret character, which would replace a regular character. I've never seen a photo of that one. I just know it's a goldfish, according to the place where I bought these. I'll give a link at the end, because it was awesome to buy this from within the US and have them in less than a week. 



Here are the six main characters. 

There is no image of the secret one, only a silhouette. 






The six boxes. 

I'm not sure if the layout is always the same, but the left row was (from front to back) sheep, bunny, wolf and the right row was cow, cat, bear. I doubt there are many opportunities to find a full, untouched case and pick from them, but that was my order in case it might help anyone.




A single box. 




The card is loose in front, and the dress and socks are in a small baggie. 

The doll is between two plastic trays with a thin plastic sleeve over her head. 



The body is strung and very poseable. Very detailed for only $21 apiece.

Plastic and vinyl, of course. Not resin. 

They're a little over 5" tall.



So this is the sheep. Each doll has a pair of socks, soft rubber shoes, and a little sleeveless dress. The dresses velcro up the back. 

I did try the shoes without the socks but they're a bit big, so keep the socks on.



There are seams in the hair where it pops apart. The hair and faceplates are actually interchangeable. I didn't experiment with it because I like them as they are. Of course, the poor sheep can't join in the fun. She's the only one that's tan. 



The bunny is the one that convinced me I needed these. (Mom got them for me as a very early Christmas present. It was still July then, so we'll say Christmas in July. At this rate, I will not get gifts on my actual birthday or much on Christmas, but that's fine by me. I'm not really a special days person and neither is Mom.)




Definitely my favorite. 



The wolf is my second favorite. 




So cute. 




She gets a third pic because her collar was flipped up in the first one. 



The little cow! Adorable!



Love her hair. 



The cat is my least fave, but I do appreciate the wink. 



And that her ears are a bow. 



And finally, the bear. Her ears are flocked. 



Cute cute cute. 



All the cards. 



I took this midway through opening. 


And the entire group. 

These are great if you love tiny dolls and/or animal dolls. They're cheap in cost but not cheaply made by a long shot. Unlike American dolls. *cough*MGAE*cough*

Definitely highly recommend them! 

Who's your fave?

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I keep getting constant ads for these on Instagram and I am VERY tempted!

    ReplyDelete