Tuesday, August 1, 2023

RUBY RED Talla & Charming Dorothy



I have two Ruby Red lovelies to show you guys tonight. 

I received Talla a couple days ago and Charming Dorothy came yesterday. I've been massively busy at work, so this is the first free time I've had since...Friday morning? 

With these, I'm not sure if people care about the boxes or seeing how the items are packaged, so I'm opting to just take photos of the dressed dolls from now on. If you like the more detailed reviews, leave me a comment and I'll go back to doing those. 

So Ruby Red Fashion Friends is one part of the Ruby Red Galleria line. The galleria dolls are a wider range of sizes than Fashion Friends, as well as many of them being Chinese characters. 

The Girls of the Orient line I believe predated Fashion Friends. They use the same bodies. 

It's not a huge line and only a couple dolls tend to release at once. 


The dolls also reuse the same names, just with different wigs and outfits. This is Talla. Others are Spring and Kadinana. A new version of Kadinana also came out at the same time as this Talla and while I loved both, I really loved Talla, so I chose her.

These had to be ordered through a dealer and I picked Happily Ever After, as I've bought from them several times. Her price was $179.99 plus shipping. She shipped from Happily, so it was all domestic, as opposed to getting dolls from RRFF, which is international shipping. 





As with RRFF, all of Talla's pieces were nicely wrapped. You have to dress the doll yourself. The only thing on her was her earrings, and that's also my only complaint about her. The wig sits on the doll's head inside it's hairnet. Well, the hairnet got caught around the earrings. The earrings really should be packaged separately. 



Talla's jacket is a separate piece that goes over the dress. Her hair ornaments are barrettes. 

She was easy to dress, though as with RRFF, getting the wig to stay in place is the hard part. 

I think she's stunning. I've become extremely picky with RRFF, so Talla was the perfect new addition. 




Next up is Charming Dorothy. One of the semi-recent RRFF dolls was called Sweet Dorothy and she sold out within minutes. RRFF is very collector-friendly, so they worked with the designer to create a similar yet different version of Dorothy. 

Sweet Dorothy had straight hair, her dress was brown, and she had a green sweater. Charming Dorothy has a brown coat and a green dress. I skipped Sweet, but I really love Charming. The only thing I really like better about Sweet is her striped stockings. These socks are cute, but the striped stockings were better. 



I don't have a doll with this mold, so she's a nice new addition. 



The shoes are really cute. 






Love the purse. 






Not a big fan of the coat. 


I think one of the reasons I really love this Dorothy is that with her curls and green polka dot dress, she reminds me of this old Precious Moments vinyl doll I had as a kid. I may buy her again so she can stand by Dorothy. She was Shannon from Ireland and she came out in 1989. 


Love them both! Talla is sitting in my bedroom with the Charlie Bears, while I rearranged the RRFF display in the closet to make space for Dorothy. 



PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment