Sunday, August 27, 2023

REVIEW: My Little Pony 40th Anniversary Rescue at Midnight Castle Set

 
I got my Rescue at Midnight Castle set a couple days ago and finally have the time to share the pictures.


This was the first MLP special, airing in 1984. It's the one where Tirac is trying to turn the ponies into dragons to pull his chariot. There are so many other sets I'd love them to make. Tirac, Scorpan, Megan, the seaponies. Spike is shown on the box and said to be released separately, so there may be more coming.


 

The figures are about 2" tall and are simple figures with a brushable tail and a fabric tail ribbon. 


Moondancer and Twilight represent the unicorns. 



Applejack and Bowtie are the earth ponies. 




And Medley and Firefly are the pegasus ponies. 


The eye placement on most of these is a little off. I think the pegasi fared the best. The others are just a smidge too high. 

They're cute figures, but I'd like to see something we haven't had before. Every one of these has a regular-sized repro already. Still, more G1 nostalgia is always good by me.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment