Friday, August 25, 2023

NEWS: Just Play Style Bae


I have been wondering how these dolls would work ever since we first heard about them. 

Just Play's Style Bae line features a 10" 2D body with multiple sheets of vinyl stick-on clothes and a 3D head with brushable hair. Some accessories are also 3D. 

It's definitely a unique and interesting idea!





Kenzie here has some excellent clothing options. I wish doll companies would do pieces like this for actual dolls. 



They remind me of those fashion plates you switched around and then set a piece of paper on to make a rubbing that you could color. These may not have the coloring creativity level, but they seem like a lot of fun. 




This one is Dylan. 




Not as fun as Kenzie. Heh. 




That's pretty cute. 


Dylan has a listing on Amazon with a $21.99 price tag and a release date of September 1st. I can't find any of the others. 

Both Dylan and Kenzie are on Amazon UK. That's where I was able to see the full listings and the photos. 

There's a listing on Amazon Canada for Harper. I don't know which one of the remaining two she is. 

I will likely try one of these out. Maybe more. I like all of the girls except for Dylan. (Of course, the only one I can order is the one I don't want.) It's a cute and fun concept where the gimmick is actually sustainable. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Stock photos from Amazon UK.

3 comments:

  1. These look like a lot of fun. And Kenzie's 'clothes' are totally my vibe. Something to look out for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her long black skirt looks like something I have in my closet, so I will very likely get her.

      Delete
  2. being from the paper doll world, this idea isn't actuall all the new. It reminds me a bit of the flatsy dolls. The presentation looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete