Friday, August 18, 2023

Dolly Insider's "Friday Dolly Questions" Part 5

#29: Have you customized a doll?

Not really. I've touched up lip paint and done haircuts, but I can't paint faces and don't have the patience for rerooting. 


#30: What do you like most about collecting dolls?

I have a huge plush collection because they're cute and cuddly. I have 80s toys for the nostalgia. But dolls? I'm not sure exactly. I've always loved them. I played with my dolls a lot when I was a kid. I think a lot of it is the character appeal. I fall in love with characters and in the 80s when I was growing up, a ton of the toy lines had matching cartoons, so I wanted my favorite characters. This is something I have never, ever grown out of. A lot of the doll lines I love most have matching animation or books. I've never stopped loving Jem. Darcy from Winx and Vidia from Disney Fairies will forever be two of my favorite characters. I still get excited when a new American Girl historical doll comes out because dolls and historical fiction are a great combination. So a lot of my dolls are favorite characters, but also, I just plain like ones that appeal to me aesthetically. I definitely love dolls who fall under the goth umbrella, though when it comes to dolls, my tastes are far wider than my personal aesthetic. I suppose I like surrounding myself with pretty or cute or cool-looking things. 


#31: Do you make items for your dolls? If so, what have you made?

Nope. I'm not crafty like that. I used to buy jewelry, mini books, tiny accessories, etc., but make them myself? No.


#32: Which doll in your collection is getting all your attention at the moment?

I never only focus on one. That's why I like to have a lot of my current favorites out on the coffee table and end table. So I can always see them while I'm reading, watching TV, etc.


#33: Do you swap out your doll's original body with a body from a different company? 

I think I've done that only once ever. It was the Disney Store Go Go from Big Hero 6 and I put her on the body of a Sonokong doll I had, because I wanted her to be able to wear regular clothes. I know a lot of people used to do it with Pullips, but I never did. I have swapped bodies within a line. I've swapped heads on Barbies if there was neck breakage on a favorite. I swapped my Descendants Celia onto an Uma body, because I was annoyed they didn't treat poor Celia better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment