Saturday, August 5, 2023

REVIEW: Aphmau Series 4 Plush

I did not take a photo of the boxes. They're boring anyway. 

First bit of bad news is that these are totally blind again. Series 1 and Series 2 had codes. Series 3 did not have codes, but you could nudge the checklist out of the way to see the plush inside. Series 4 is wrapped in plastic, but you can still get to the checklist to nudge it aside...only to find shiny silver staring back at you. They're wrapped in foil. 

Second bit of bad news is that they jacked the price up. When I ordered my 3 from Target, I paid $9.99 each. I went back on there a few minutes ago and they are now $12.99 each. THREE DOLLARS. And you can't see who you get? Ugh. Just wait and buy the one you want on ebay when the prices drop.


A bit of an unorthodox setting for the pics, but my review shelf is covered in the 7 dolls I still need to photograph for you guys. (ILYs and Latinistas coming soon.) 

So I got the rainbow one. He's going off to live with a friend. 




Side shot. 




Then I got diamond. He's really cute. I'm not in love with how they did the gem ones in plush form. They definitely work better as figures. But he's still cute. 



I love the fabric. So sparkly. 


I thought I'd have no luck and then boom, the one I wanted most. 


MOON. 



He's one of my favorites from all the series. 




Lookit this face! 



Diamond also has a cute face. 

I thought I was only going to want sapphire, but now I kinda want ruby and emerald, too. And maybe sun. But I'm not paying $12.99 a pop to maybe get a double. ebay/Mercari it is. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment