Wednesday, August 30, 2023

NEWS: Far Out Toys' Squadz Place


How long has this picture been hiding on Youloveit? 

Over on IG, Far Out Toys has been teasing their new Squadz Place line. I decided to put the name into Google and the first thing that popped up was a Youloveit post, but I have zero recollection of ever seeing this. I check Youloveit every day and I sure as hell would have remembered these.

Weird. 

Anyway, sorry, Far Out Toys, but your figures have been seen. They've been kinda annoying with the teasers. I don't like too much of that. 


So what do we know? They're supposed to run $14.99 each and there are six of them. Each figure is 3.75" tall. 

They come in a little playset crate and these are actually super cute. I'm not a playset person, but I will keep these and possibly display some. They even connect to add to displayability.

There are two fashion accessories and one crate accessory, aside from the basic outfit the figure is wearing. 


I do think these are adorable and I'll buy some. However, I would never look at these and think "Hey, that's Tokyo style." 

So for anyone who follows fashion, is any of this stuff actually a "Tokyo trend?" Or is the company just slapping "Tokyo" on there to try to get people's money? 

Possible false advertising aside, I like the variety of designs. Lots of different hair lengths and styles and only two of them have longer hair. They realize girls wear pants. All but one have black as part of their color scheme. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Obviously they're promos from Far Out Toys, so main credit goes there. My source is Youloveit. I do not normally actually post their photos, but this post is so buried that I have no idea how I and all of my friends missed it, so I'm sharing the info. And here's the link to the post itself:

https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/3215-squadz-place-tokyo-trends-dolls.html

Way back on page 20! So from last year, most likely. 

1 comment:

  1. These look cute, but I'm as baffled as you about the 'Tokyo Style' label. Like, they remind me a bit of characters that could appear in The World Ends With You, which takes place in Shibuya, but that's more because they look 'Anime' (Which is also a bit of a vague term, I know.) then the fact they're 'Tokyo Style'.

    ReplyDelete