Sunday, August 6, 2023

REVIEW: Jakks' Disney ILY Bambi


Target also got the new Disney ILY line. These dolls are done by Jakks and not Shop Disney. The new Shop Disney character is the boy and there are also a bunch of new outfits that I'm going to order a few of soon. 


I'm planning on doing one of these reviews every time I get a little free time away from work. Tonight's girl is the Bambi fan. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll choose someone else, then probably another after work, and the last Tuesday afternoon. 



It's a pain to type out "the Bambi fan" every time, so I'm just going to call her Bambi. 

Anyway, Bambi comes with two purses, two pair of boots, a hat, and a necklace. Then there's a "ring for you." 




She also has two long-sleeved shirts and two short skirts. 




Eventually, I'll do a body comparison. Likely when I get the Shop Disney outfits and change the clothes of dolls from both lines. 

For now, there are two main differences. 

First, the inset eyes are gone. I know a lot of people think inset eyes are such a great feature and so high quality. While I do think the end product is beautiful most times, getting rid of inset eyes also saves you from having to deal with crooked eyes. 

Second, the joints are simpler now and, in my opinion, much more attractive. AND they can sit! I still can't believe they made the first series unable to sit properly. 



Let's cycle through these outfits. 


This is how she's dressed in the box. 


While the boots are nicely molded, I don't love how they fit. 




The super soft patchwork skirt is great. 




I did not love putting this top on. It was a little struggle to get over her thumbs. 



The hat is surprisingly cute. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. 






Ah, now this is the outfit I had in mind. 





Necklace and purse in place. 




Also adorable with this one! I had a hard time choosing. 





Final look! I had to go with the more delicate purse to match the necklace and shirt. 

Overall, I love this doll. My only real criticism is that I wish they'd given her brown eyes. Maybe a few freckles. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. This doll is beautiful. Bambi is still one of the prettiest movies Disney ever made and it's always nice it gets included in a collection. And I love the browns. Is it me or is that a color that could be used more in doll clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree! While I don't wear brown myself, I love it on doll clothes for some reason.

      Delete