Monday, August 7, 2023

BEARRIVAL

 

I was going to work on another ILY review today, but my new arrivals took precedence. I'll do another ILY or maybe two tonight after work.


So this is the first part of my current batch of pre-orders. This is Mighty the woolly mammoth. He's part of the Bearhouse line, so he isn't jointed. 


He's adorable and made of beautiful fabrics. 


I never thought I'd say I had three mammoths in my CB collection, but here we are.






Peanuts is part of this year's Secret Collection. I wasn't 100% on the character, because he does look a bit like Clinton from an earlier year, but this girl spoke to me and here she is. 

She's very soft. The longer pile fur on her torso is especially soft.




I picked this one because she has a sweet, sad face.



Here she is with cousin Clinton. Similar, but definitely different types of brown at least, and their face structure is quite different. 



I also wasn't quite sure on Noon, but because I couldn't tell what color he was going to be. I expected a blue at the base of the gold-tipped fur, but some photos made him look gray. I liked this little guy, so I brought him home. 


The darker color is indeed blue. It's kind of a denim blue. I like how it appears beneath the gold if you touch his fur. 




Mine has a couple loose threads on his nose, but that was an easy fix. I cut the longer one but left the little one. It's cute the way it sticks up. They did this design purposefully on some older bears and it's endearing. 


I love how chonky he is. There are a handful of much older bears by a designer named Christine Pike. She only worked with CB for a couple years, but I love a lot of her characters, like Sid and Paul. Noon has a similar body shape. 


So those are today's newbies. I've picked out two more but am waiting on pics to be uploaded for the last one. I do have one other on the way, so hopefully she'll arrive soon. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment