Wednesday, August 23, 2023

REVIEW: Monster High "Goreganizer" Cleo

Oh, sorry, I mean "Boo-Jeweled Beauty Case."

Nah, I prefer Goreganizer.


CLEO. 

FINALLY.

I forget when she was originally due out? Like back in June? A while ago.






The doll is a lovely bonus, but they would have had my money even if she was pink-lipped and dressed all in pink and purple, simply because this coffin is THE reason to buy the set. 


Look at that. Stunning. I gleefully stood it next to her vanity. 







Inside, there's a blue plastic tray that I didn't take out for a pic. 

There are some temporary tattoos, a mirror, and a scarab necklace that has blue "body shimmer" (or something like that) in it. 









This is how you do Cleo's lipstick correctly. 





I love all the little designs on her face. 


She's a lovely doll with a bad hairstyle dressed in a simple way that works well for her. 





The shoes in front are just okay, but from the back...






...absolute showstopper! 

In case you can't make it out, her heels are tiny versions of her coffin. 






And then I did this.

I have been waiting and waiting to put this glorious outfit on this doll. Now she can do it justice. 





The simpler outfit actually flatters Monster Ball Cleo. I don't mind the bleh makeup colors as much with this outfit. 





Love. 






I cannot choose a favorite Cleo, but she is up there. She gets the special seat in front of the vanity. 



PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. That terracota lipstick is divine and she is practically made for that dress. Pity she doesn't have pierced ears. Her silly top bun even gets his by the headdress lol.
    I love the coffin. My only nitpick is that the head on the sculpture is a little too big and kind of looks too cartoon-y but it is so fantastic I can live with that. I wish I was talented with paint do I could give it some kind of old effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine with the proportions on the coffin because Egyptian art proportions are interesting sometimes. It fits in with their art scheme over the millennia. I'd love for them to do some canopic jars for her at some point.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I'm totally thrilled about hiding the hair with the sun disk! No fuss in having to take it down and I don't have to look at it. And it stabilizes the headpiece, too. It was always tipping forward on Monster Ball Cleo.

      Delete