Tuesday, August 29, 2023

REVIEW: Shop Disney's ILY New Fashions


I ordered three of the Shop Disney ILY outfits and finally got the chance to open them up and try them on my girls. I also have the new Jasmine dress, but I want to put that on the Target exclusive doll and the only one of her I've seen had messed up lipstick. I wish they'd list her online! Bah. 


Anyway, I initially thought I was safe from most of the new stuff, but the boots and jacket won me over on the Mad Tea Party outfit. 



The outfit consists of a t-shirt, a jacket, a skirt, a pair of combat boots, a necklace, a purse, and some ears that I'm not putting on my doll. They're cute, but I'm not that into the whole Disneybounding thing. 



The Cinderella fan doll offered to model this for me. She was bored of her fancier outfit. 

This looks pretty cute on her. (She's still wearing her own earrings.)



I loved these dolls when they came out but photographing her here really emphasizes how much better the painted eyes are. The newer dolls are so much less starey. 




I love the detailing on the boots. 




The jacket is gorgeous. 



I think she looks super cute in this! I almost gave it to the Mickey fan doll, but I had something else planned for her. She would have looked great in this, too, though. 

So she's wearing the entire Tea Party outfit, minus the mouse ears, and with her own watch and earrings. 

My little nitpicks are that the skirt should be a little more low slung, and that the necklace floats above the shirt instead of looking how a necklace actually would. 



So what outfit did I have in mind for Mickey girl? This one. 




The Merida fan outfit is a tank top, kilt, hoodie, shoes, purse, glasses, belt, necklace, and earrings. 

The Mickey doll does not have pierced ears, so she won't be wearing the little arrow earrings, but they're very cute. I also don't like the safety pin necklace, so I set that aside. 



I did have some struggles with this one. 

The tank looks cuter untucked from the kilt, though I didn't take a photo of that. However, the belt is too short, so the tank has to be tucked in so the belt can look like it's worn over the skirt. 





She looks great in these colors. 





The placement of the belt really doesn't matter because all of that cute stuff gets covered by the hoodie. While I love this piece, I hate having the tank and belt covered! I think I would have done this as a zip front hoodie instead of a pullover. 



The glasses are actual glasses, not sunglasses. I love them. 




Glasses off and holding the purse. 





Another angle. 




Glasses back on. I'm going to have her be a glasses-wearing girl. 





And one more. The glasses are even cuter in person when they don't have the flash glare on them. 

I put the purse in my storage box. I like it, but it seems a little out of place without any of the other archery-themed pieces in use. 

I love this outfit on her, but as a whole, it could have used some tweaking to make all the pieces work together better. 




And finally, the Haunted Mansion outfit. 



This has a tank top, sheer black blouse, skirt, fishnet-type socks, shoes, bat necklace, purse, and mouse ears. (Once again, not showing the ears beyond this.) 



The Ursula fan was made to wear this outfit. 



I didn't actually take many photos of her because she's shows it off so well in just a couple. 


No real flaws with the outfit itself. My only complaint is that my socks weren't the same lengths. 

She kept her own earrings, but the rest is the Haunted Mansion outfit missing only the mouse ears. 

I love her in this, but I also loved her in the Ursula all-black ensemble. I was disappointed my doll had a bit of lipstick roughness and that there was a cut in her pants, so I'm using this as an opportunity to buy a second one. I'll put her in the all-black outfit and they'll be twins with differing fashion styles. 

I hope to find the Target doll soon without flaws, and I hope the Cruella fan is orderable soon, too! 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.


1 comment:

  1. That Mad Tea Party jacket and the shoes are stunning and, like with the Bambi stuff, I'm just tickled pink to have one of the prettiest, but a bit more obscure scenes (Not the entire movie, but the flower choir scene feels like it's often left to the wayside to focus on said Tea Party.) in Disney History.

    ReplyDelete