Saturday, July 1, 2017

REVIEW: Pixie Prints Silvermist

This doll's been on my low-key want list since she came out. My stores never got her, just Tink and Rosetta. Silvermist is always the prettiest of the Jakks Pacific deluxe girls, so I'm not surprised she was the hard to find one in every line.

Pixie Prints was the final line for the deluxe Jakks fairies. I still greatly lament that they did these gimmicky dolls instead of making sure all the characters got deluxe dolls and making better dolls for the movies.


That griped, Silvermist is still a beautiful doll and this was one of the prettier gimmick lines.

I love her more opaque dark blue wings, though this is the only photo you'll see them in. It's easier to show off her outfits without them on.

Silvermist has long, silky, black hair with a blue streak. Her face is gorgeous, like all the deluxe fairy faces.


The gimmick of Pixie Prints is that you can design a few different outfit looks with all the layered pieces.

She has a painted-on bodysuit to start with.

Then over that goes the pretty purple skirt.


I really love the purple they used for the skirt and lace top.

The next piece is the little lace top. Be careful with this one. That particular soft lace snags very easily on velcro.


I had to yank it free a couple times, since my clumsy fingers are not the best at getting materials like this back over doll hands. I love the look of lacy things, but man, it is not fun to get those sleeves back over doll fingers.


Last, we've got the floral printed skirt to go over the top. I didn't try this over just the bodysuit, but that would have been cute, too, I'm sure. I'm battling my allergies and a fever, so my review head isn't exactly on straight.

I think this is actually the prettiest deluxe Jakks Silvermist, even better than the first one and I like that first one a lot. I recommend picking her up if you're a Disney Fairies fan, before her secondary market price shoots up. I got her for about $22 on Amazon.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment