Saturday, July 22, 2017

REVIEW: Monster High Garden Ghouls Toralei

Ah, my girl Toralei.

I'm a strong advocate for short hair on dolls and I will always hate when they take a character with canonically short hair and lengthen it. So I struggle with this doll a lot, because I hate that Toralei's first appearance in the reboot is with incorrect hair, but on the other hand, this is one of the most beautiful Toraleis ever.


I'm so glad they put her in this line. She makes a fabulous butterfly ghoul.

I'm a big fan of orange, so all the orange going on here is pure love for me.

Especially her new hair color. This nylon hair really has a stunning orange shade.


The teal crimped section is a bit random, but hey, it's fun, so who really cares?

She had teal before in the field trip line, I think it was...

Anyway. Toralei's tail pops into her back well under where her wings go. It doesn't stay in nearly as well as her wings, but it's not falling out all over either.


Her wings have a fantastic tiger face on them. They're my favorite wings of all three girls. Even over the Egyptian ones, yes.

Her insect is the tiger swallowtail butterfly, so she's just the perfect embodiment of that.











Her makeup has light smearing on the left eye, but I was so happy she had non-wonky eyes that I don't even remotely care. Both she and Cleo have this crazy intricate makeup, so I'm just glad it wasn't messed up.





Her glasses are so cute! I hate that they made these super cute glasses with dolls with such gorgeous makeup, because there is no way I'm covering those eyes.

I love her dress. I love all of the outfits for this line.

Dangit, I just love this line. I think this is on design par with the pre-reboot MH. The quality with the change of the hair type and the ugly joints isn't as good, but design-wise, these could have been pre-reboot. They're way better than loads of the $14.99 lines.









Fab orange shoes. 

Toralei makes a stunning re-entry onto the doll shelves. I'm pleased.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. the only thing i don't like is that they take away her claws :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could pretend they're retracted. I like the claw hands, but I like variety, too.

      Delete