Monday, July 17, 2017

REVIEW: DC Superhero Girls Hawkgirl Action Figure

Hawkgirl is another of Amazon's new overpriced action figures for DCSG. I still have no idea why they are doing this and need to write again to try to find an answer. Or at least bug them a bit. I just don't get why all the other new toys are retail and these two figures have been almost double their regular price.

I paid $17.31 plus tax for her, which is a lot, but I justify her the same way I did Starfire. My stores are overloaded with the old figures. I've only ever seen Katana twice. So what are the chances I'd actually find these in store? Very slim.


Plus, you know, it's Hawkgirl and we don't have her in any other form yet. She and Beast Boy are the only characters with an action figure but no sign of a doll on the horizon. Actually, Hawkgirl is the last Mattel DCSG product that we actually know about, aside from the SDCC set. There have been no leaks of more action dolls or figures. I think everything else is out, although I could be forgetting one of the myriad Batgirl/Supergirl/Wondy things that I don't pay attention to.


There are the Jakks dolls to look forward to, but I want more Mattel action dolls, please. Before they might change everything on us when the revamped (grrrrrrr) cartoon comes out.

Hawkgirl is one of the best action figures in the line. She might actually be my favorite. I love her color scheme and I've always loved that boot design.










I don't mind that her goggles/glasses/whatever are permanently stuck to her head, because they kind of are in the show, too. Heh.

Her wings pop into holes on her back and they actually have a bit of movement, so you can put them in slightly different positions.

My only real complaint about the figure is that she needs her mace. Her hands look so ready to wield it and yet there is nothing.

I'm looking forward to some news from SDCC so we can actually learn about upcoming products for this line. It's my favorite to buy for, but right now, there's nothing super exciting coming out except the Jakks stuff. And actually, more on that in a second...

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment: