Friday, July 28, 2017

REVIEW: Descendants 2 Signature Ben and Mal

I decided to review these two together, because obvious reasons.

Ben is a nice step up from his past releases. I like the bad boy look on him, especially because it's a good nod to his Beast side.

However.

The entire point was to sneak him onto the Isle and make him blend in.


Evie, you put Beast on this outfit like five or more times.

Evie.

Come on.

Why bother with the whole blend in song and dance routine when he's literally covered in his identity?

Don't get me wrong, I adore the outfit and all the Beast bits. The one through the torn shirt and the belt buckle are my faves.

But the look entirely messes with the point of his "disguise" and I find that hilarious.


Like if even Gil can figure it out, you are not in disguise.

My pet peeve with Ben is a common one for the line. They put a cool design on the back of a jacket and then run velcro through it.

Mal's sig has the same problem, which is why I didn't bother taking a picture of it.

And...


It's all one piece.

I mean, obviously, since the velcro is in the back and they ruined the jacket picture, it's one piece, but whatever, I took a photo anyway!

You know, when I deboxed the hat, I didn't think I was going to keep it on, but it looks surprisingly cute on him. It stays.

I'm not a big enough Ben fan to give him one of my coveted front of the display spots, but he did earn a second row, right behind new sig Mal spot, which is a big improvement on where the original one is.




A lot of people hated Mal's new bangs. I loved them from the start. I love them in the movie. I love them on the doll. Her hair is sooooooooo nice and silky. I'm so glad they realized the error of their hair ways after the original movie dolls.

I love this outfit even more than her first sig look.

The only thing I don't get is how Hasbro turned a purple glove into red. Red is Evie, Hasbro. And Carlos. But mostly Evie.


Badass detailing!

I wish they'd done more with all the rings she wore in the movie. One of them is molded into the red glove, at least.

Naturally, her top is one piece. There's no shirt under that jacket.

I loved these boots. The different heel colors. Awesome. They translated okay to doll boots, but not perfectly. I think they could have done the pants better, too, so they're not sticking out the back.







Okay, so there you have it. That is everyone I got today!

Cotillion Mal is my fave, followed by Cotillion Uma and Sig Mal.

I hope they have some surprise dolls for us still.

*cough* HARRY. RIGHT NOW. GIMME HARRY. *cough*

And Dizzy. And Lonnie with all three of her outfits.

Anyway, we shall see!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment: