Saturday, July 1, 2017

REVIEW: TheBarbieLook City Chic Style

Have I ever reviewed a Barbie on here? I don't think I have. Honestly, I'm not much of a Barbie girl these days. I grew up loving her and really loved Generation Girl and then My Scene, but since then, only the few and far between have caught my eye. The Fashionistas are awesomely diverse, but their clothing sucks about 99% of the time.

Anyway. I got an email when this girl came out and it was instant love. I didn't order her right away, but it only took me a few days to give in.


She has a slightly uptilted head, so she's looking up in a lot of the pics.

Her face is simply gorgeous. That's what really won me over, that lovely face. Her makeup is pretty, just right for her hair color and the more casual outfit.

I love the sweater dress. I'm kind of a sucker for sweater dresses.









Her lightly crimped hair reminds me of Fashion Royalty's London By Night Ayumi, a doll I've always liked but never bought.









The purse is sewn to her shoulder and I decided to leave it that way, since I'm not planning on redressing her. Her small accessories fit nicely inside it.


Her sunglasses are pretty cute, but it's totally a crime to cover that face! I don't even like them on top of her head because they cover some of her hair. Into the purse they went when I was done with these photos.


She has something I haven't seen in awhile: nicely-made fabric doll underwear. I've appreciated doll lingerie since I was very young, which I'm sure I've mentioned here before, so a pair of panties like this is quite appreciated in this day of molded and painted undies.

Her thigh-highs are held up with a bit of stickiness on the back of each leg. I had to pull down the left one, because they wrapped a piece of cardboard around that knee. Around one knee and not the other. Who knows?




She comes with the sunglasses, a coffee cup, a phone, a notebook and an adorable pencil. That little pencil took me awhile to debox, because I was afraid of it flying across the room if I pushed it out of the plastic too hard!











I think this is one of the prettiest Barbies we've seen in many, many years. That face is just stunning and I love the dress, thigh-highs and panties. My only real gripe about her is that I hate brown paired with shades of gray. I'd love to swap those boots for ones that match the sweater or black.

I definitely recommend her though! She's worth the money for sure.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. There is something slightly monster high-ish about the Karl Lagerfeld sculpt and this particular way of painting it. Maybe the Doe eyes..?

    ReplyDelete