Friday, July 28, 2017

REVIEW: Descendants 2 Signature Uma

I want to do Cotillion Uma, but what I have to say about her links back to Signature Uma, so let's do her first.

China Anne McClain is a very pretty girl, but...and I hate to say it...this doll does her zero justice. She has such pretty eyes and the doll's just aren't. I think they're a teeny bit too wide-set and she's borderline wall-eyed. Her mouth isn't quite the right shape either. And she isn't helped by the design of the outfit that makes her look like she has no neck. Her head just looks stuck right on her golden shoulders.

I really hate to have the most complaints about the signature doll of the new character, but I do!


Her outfit is entirely one piece. One very layered piece. If Mal could get two pieces, why couldn't Uma get a dress with a jacket over it?

Her gloves aren't painted right either. The black stops too high up on her hands and it looks awkward. And she couldn't even have one bracelet?

The hat and boots both have great details that are lost in the mold, because they're not painted. The $50 special edition fixed that problem, but I don't like her face enough to spend that kind of money! I might try a gold wash myself. Paint is cheap.







Again, Mal got painted boot details, so why not Uma?

I feel like Uma herself, complaining that Mal gets everything, but in this case, she did!

Signature Evie, who I don't have, also looks to have gotten painted boots, a coat as thick as Uma's, a plastic shoulder piece like Uma's, PLUS pants AND a belt in two colors.

Signature Uma got the short end of the stick. Why?





Her hair frustrates me, too. I am all over crimped hair normally. I love it. And this does look great. But Uma has BRAIDS. They couldn't even put a couple in there?

One thing really stands out as missing though. And not one of the three Uma dolls (including the huge one) has it.

WHERE IS HER NECKLACE?

Like seriously, where is it?!

Okay, I'm done here. I'm disappointed in this doll, because I think Hasbro gave her less detail than Mal and Evie and that's just wrong. They made some poor decisions here, but I want to move on to a more positive review.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I have this Uma and find her cute. The mouth shape is supposed to look like China smiling, btw.
    And the crimps are nice. In a way, she looks like when you have really long hair and take the braid in it down :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's cute, but I'll never think she does China any justice. China's gorgeous.

      I have dolls with microbraids, which is what she should have had, so I'll always think they cheaped out on it. Poor Uma deserved better.

      Delete