Wednesday, July 12, 2017

REVIEW: Shoppies Pippa Melon

Thanks to a tip from a friend, I was able to get the two newest Shoppies off Target.com. They're $14.99, as Shoppies usually are.

Pippa Melon I wasn't 100% sold on. I bought her so I could make up my mind in person.

Then I opened her, mostly thanks to her pretty eyes and watermelon seed beauty mark.


Pippa suffers from Cute Box Art Syndrome. Her art is so much cuter than her doll! I don't know why they didn't try to get that hairstyle on the doll. How hard could it have been to cut it a little shorter?


Once I opened her and saw her dry, scraggly hair, I kinda regretted making my decision. Her hair is some of the worst I've ever seen on a Shoppie. I don't know how they can pull off gorgeous hair like, say, Macy's and then mess up poor Pippa's.


It really doesn't look that bad from the back. From the front, it looks worse.

I do like the spiral ribbons coming off her dress and the little watermelon headband is cute.

Her eyes are very pretty and I like her hand pose and big smile.

She's cute, she's just not nearly as cute as a lot of the other Shoppies. I don't super regret opening her, but if given the chance again, I think I would have returned her to the store.









PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment