Friday, October 28, 2022

VIP Pets Glam Gems Part 2

 

My second order of Glam Gems arrived today. I ordered 7 of them and got 6 different ones. The bottles come in three different colors and I got to open 2 of each. 


Thanks to being able to see the gems on top, I knew I had 6 different ones very quickly. 

And thanks to the gem and the color change window in front, I confirmed that I had a double of the purple gem here and set that one aside for return. 



Maya is the rounder dark pink gem and Nyla is the dark purple rectangular gem. (She's the one I got 2 of.)

Maya's accessories. 

I was hoping the loopy pieces would work as earrings, but they fly right off. I'm well aware this is a hairplay line and I'm impressed at the number of different hairstyles and hairstyle accessories they come up with for these dogs, but I do wish they had some jewelry! 

All of them come with the clear plastic rubberbands. I'm only showing them here with Maya's stuff though. 



Maya is lovely. I liked her in the promo pics, though she wasn't a top fave. 




Nope. 



I did a pic of her with only the tiara but it didn't come out. So we're going right to her final shot with the pearl accessory on. 

Maya is amethyst, though her stone is a little too pink in my opinion, and while pink and purple are never my faves, she does them justice. 



Moving on to Nyla, the other pink and purple one. 

I don't know why they thought those dark yellow hair beads matched her colors. No. 



She has no yellow on her, unlike Maya. 




These are halfway cute. 



With the tiara. 




Final look. Both Maya and Nyla got the pearl/jewel looped over their ear like I did for Aurora. 

Nyla is purpurite, which I have never heard of. It's actually a really cool-looking stone that I think has some gothy vibes, so I would have liked to have seen a darker character representing it, like Lilith from the original VIP Pets line. 

She's very pretty though and I'm glad to have her.




Now the green bottles. 



Jasmine is the yellow stone and Lady Gigi is the pink heart. 



According to the pamphlet there is only one yellow stone, so if you want Jasmine, just look for the yellow gem in the top. 

She comes with gemstone stickers like Aurora, only these are pearls and they're much cooler. 



Jasmine was my fifth most wanted, so I was happy to open her. She's my favorite of all the ones I've opened so far (because I did not get a single one of my top 4). 




Her hair is similar to Aurora's but not quite the same. The green is much brighter. 




Not awful but not great. 



The bold yellow with her color scheme takes some getting used to, but she is covered with yellow accents so it works. 


Hers was the first necklace I had that did not want to stay shut. I finally got it to hold a few strands of hair and hang loose. 

Jasmine is citrine. 

I really love her. Great colors. 



I really had no interest in Lady Gigi, but she surprised me. 

She is the only one so far to come with hair gel and it's glittery. 



She has folded over ears! So cute! 




Her hair is a pastel semi-rainbow. Blonde and lighter pink on top with the lighter blue and green on the bottom. 



Absolutely not. 



Gigi's hair accessory plugs into her head, unlike the others I've opened that all have tiaras. Any with folded ears may also have this. Actually, looking at the pamphlet, it looks like only Juliet has folded ears aside from Gigi. Shame because they're terribly cute. 



Gigi is quartz, which is pretty neat. 

She's not one I expected to love, but I do. She's my third fave of the seven I have. 



And finally, the purple bottles. 



I was excited when I saw the blue stone because I thought it was one of the blue-themed ones, but no, it's Bianca. 




Her hair is pale yellow, white and pale pink. 




She's cute, because they're all cute, but she's decidedly plain. 



That actually helps a little, which is kinda sad. 



Okay, now we're talking. 



Bianca is topaz. She's okay, but definitely my least fave of my seven. 



And finally, Alexia! She was my sixth most wanted. (Yes, I kept track of my top 6.) 



Alexia is color color color! 




Like Gigi, she has a semi-rainbow in her hair, but hers are the standard shades of red, yellow, green and blue. 




She somehow works these crazy things. I almost left them on her, but I like her makeup. 



Easily my favorite tiara so far. 


Alexia is...coral. An interesting choice because it's not a mineral at all but organic. 

I love her a lot. It's nice to have some bold colors because the others are all more pastel-leaning. 

And now I need to order one more larger batch to try to get my top 4! Argh. At least returns are easy. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment