Sunday, October 16, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High/Shadow High Rainbow Vision Costume Ball Lola Wilde

AT LAST. 

So Lola remained my only pre-order from the Costume Ball line. I couldn't find her in stores. I actually haven't seen any since I bought mine, because my closer stores didn't get them yet. She was supposed to be delivered Tuesday, but the greedy jerks at Walmart decided to not even put her into "preparing" yet. Yep, they did it again. If you ever pre-order from Walmart, make sure you do it with the higher price. If you get a lower price initially, these assholes will not fulfill your order. They're doing it deliberately. There's not some nonsense about warehouses blah blah. This doll is literally in every store near me right now except for my work store. She is definitely available to ship out. 

I checked earlier and saw that she was indeed around here. Then I happened to check again today and saw that she's even showing as available at my little Walmart right nearby. I decided to do a pickup order for tomorrow, but tonight after I struck out at work Walmart while checking for Creepover dolls (they do not have one single MH item out on shelves...ugh), Mom said we should go check our home store and see if Lola was out. And she was! I made it just in time, because the lady was setting her out on the shelf at around 9pm when I walked down the aisle. I am very impressed with little home Walmart because it's usually so behind. I gleefully cancelled the pre-order and I have my Lola now. 





I didn't notice until I went to put her on the stand that the clip was missing. I found it in the box thankfully. In my defense, I have worked a double today. 




I'm doing a bit of a simpler review for her because I don't want to take her shoes off. Her outfit is very simple anyway, so it's not like taking it off to show the pieces separately would answer any questions. It's a 2-piece outfit exactly as it looks in pictures. 



I'm also not taking her headband off. The lace is sewn on the plastic ears and it can move around a bit. I had to straighten one side. 



These are the boots that are supposed to look like claws. Sigh. I still think she's weak in the costume department. I don't care if it's sort of a Mean Girls reference. (In my opinion, the outfit isn't nearly skimpy enough for this to be a proper Mean Girls reference.) 




Her hair is great. I didn't feel any gel. The only thing is you have to finger comb it a bit to fix the flattened, split down the middle box hair. 




Her "claws." I am not a fake nail person, but I cannot imagine doing someone else's nails to the detail level they are capable of with these things on. They are fun on a doll though. 



I liked her least of the SH trio when the designs first came out, mostly due to the weak costume, but I really love her now. She may have benefitted from her delay, because I've had Eliza and Demi a bit now, so some of the "shiny new" has worn off, and now I have "ooh shiny new" feelings for Lola. 




She really is gorgeous and her makeup is superb. There was one with really light freckles, so of course I didn't want her. I picked this one because she had the darkest lips. 

The brown eyes were a really smart choice. Stunning. 




I had such fun with her that she ended up taking Demi's place on the end table with my other SH/RH, while Demi returned to Ainsley's side. 




See, I do have that stand clip. 

Lola is a really fun doll and she's super beautiful. I still love Eliza most, but Lola and Demi are tied for second place. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment