Monday, October 3, 2022

REVIEW: Monster High Lagoona Blue


WOOHOO! Lagoona was always my most wanted after Cleo and I was so envious of all the people who had her early. I'm glad Amazon got her in stock so quickly after the original batch came out, so I could get her here fast. 

I'm also thankful she's not flawed. I really didn't want to play the return replace game until I got a good one. 

I should probably note that I don't care one bit that she's pink. She's quite a different pink than Draculaura. I would call her Crayola salmon pink. I think of a proper salmon as being way more orangey. You know, like the fish. But crayola salmon was definitely a pink and that's exactly what she reminds me of. 




Lagoona has the only art I cut out to save as a bookmark aside from Cleo's. 

Also like Cleo, you can see a lot of differences in her look. 



Moving on to the accessories. Her water bottle has a fluke for a removable cap. Cute. 



Her backpack is a big pink shell. I have no idea why it's drippy. It's not like shells are known for melting. I don't like that part of the design, but otherwise, it's very cute. 




The straps. 




Lagoona is the only one to have a second outfit: an adorable swimsuit. I love the colors of this!




Cute sunglasses. 





Shellphone. 




"Goldfish" and kelp chips. 

Fans of the original Neptuna can see her on the goldfish package. 



And the new Neptuna! She toppled Watzie as my second fave pet. Sorry, Watzie. 




ADORABLE.




I love that she stands so well. 




Straight from the box. My flash makes some of her colors stand out more than they do in regular light. 




She is SO CUTE. Those big brown eyes. Gorgeous. 




Her hair is quite long and it's pretty frizzy. Not in a bad way so much as a deliberate way. I have not brushed this and I don't think it would be a good idea. I think it would poof out into a giant mass of hair. 



EARS. 

I think I've forgotten to mention in all these reviews that none of these dolls have a lick of hair gel. Not even Draculaura's perfect bangs, which I really should have mentioned in her review, but I was overwhelmed with joy last night and forgot some stuff. 




Outfit pieces. The hood has no velcro so it's kind of a pain. 





I did not do a direct comparison, but I'm pretty sure she has the same body type as Clawdeen. 




From the side. 

She has scales on the front of her forearms and fins on the sides. 

I wish they'd kept the webbed fingers. I loved that. 

In the art, she's got blue on her hands, too, which also would have been cool. 




And the back. 

Not sure what's up with the unpainted bits behind the knees. It's a bit distracting. 




This is so lovely. I wish she had more of that orange in her clothes. 



The sunglasses are actually quite cute. I'd let her wear them except I don't want to hide her brown eyes. 



Shoes on. 





Another just because. 

I love her necklace.




With the shorts? Ehhhh. No. 





Definitely no. 




Okay, better. 

I kept the swimsuit on. I like the little peek of pretty orange ribbon at her neck. I may end up putting her just in that eventually or seeing if some of G1 Lagoona's shorts might work. 




So pretty. 




Sigh. Love her. She's my second favorite after Cleo right now. Only Toralei with a haircut could topple her. 




I think we all know how much I hate fanny packs, but I will make an exception this once. 

Somehow it works for her and I like the design. There's even a bite on the side. 




Backpack on!




Final look for now. 

I absolutely adore this doll. I hope those of you that are holding a grudge against her because she switched colors will really look at her and give her a chance. She's amazing. 


A little update from yesterday. 

I did remove Frankie's vest and I'm so much happier with them now. They're actually sitting behind my head on the back of the couch, supervising me writing this. 

After this, I gave their camera to my I Heart Fashion Iris Clops. It goes so perfectly with her outfit and Frankie kept dropping it and spilling the pictures out. 

Clawdeen got her salon time. She went through a conditioning and then air-dried and got finger-combed. 




I think she looks much better!



I also decided to keep the vest off. She holds the bag much better without it and her look is growing on me.

Next up will be Ghoulia. She's on her way. There's a possibility she'll get here tomorrow, but otherwise Wednesday. 

Still have not seen Toralei for sale. Walmart's failure to have its own exclusive is pretty appalling. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment