Sunday, October 2, 2022

REVIEW: Monster High Deuce Gorgon



Are we ready for more MH? I've been constantly checking my stores, but none were the type that puts things out early, and we don't have Macy's here. The nearest one is 45 minutes away in the next state. So I was left to wait until the actual release, but I had Cleo for company, so of course I can't complain.

I ordered Deuce, Frankie, Laura and Clawdeen off Amazon yesterday. I got 2 of each to check faces and I did notice some flaws, but honestly, there was not a single doll there I wouldn't have kept if it had been the only one of that character I found. 



I'm starting with Deuce because I think we've seen him the least. 


I'm so glad they didn't try to use the Greek alphabet for his "font." I hate when people don't research and try to use a sigma as an E. 


I'm not going to take a load of pics with him holding every single accessory. I did that with Cleo because she was new, but now I can slack a little. Heh. I'm sure someone out there will take pics of him holding these things. 

The wax container does not open. 

And the cupcake frosting is a snake. So cute.



The drink lid does not open, but at least it looks really cool. 

I think he works at the Coffin Bean, right? I like that Deuce has a job. Maybe he can get back into cooking. 




Sunglasses that are way too opaque! 

I know Deuce's thing is to need the shades, but he's so cute, mine will never wear them. 





Snakey phone. 



When I was choosing my Deuce, what actually tipped the scales was Perseus. The other one has his teeth misprinted. The white is up on his nose. So that's how I chose which Deuce to open!




So cute. I think he's better than the first one. 




Fresh out of the box. 



I was so happy when he leaked because a) he's ADORABLE and b) a lot of the haters started backpedaling when they saw that he's ADORABLE.





Let's rotate. 





Once more.





Yup, cute from every angle. 



The shoes. These don't match his outfit one bit, but the design is so fab that I don't care. 




One more quick pose.




Now let's get into a little more detail. 

Here's just the tank top. 




Holding the stuff I like best. 




The glasses were a little hard to get on straight because you don't have good access to the one ear, obviously. 

Also, Deuce has both removable hands and forearms. The girls may as well, but I haven't fully removed anyone's forearm. I did start to pull on Frankie's but it fought me, so I stuck with the hand. 

I do think on Deuce it's easier to remove the forearm than the hand. On the girls and Frankie, go for the hands. 




Back in the jacket. 




I should have put this on him when he was only in the tank, but I wasn't going through the arm removal again. 




I'm assuming this is how his bag goes on. 





From the back. 

All of the MH backpacks are soft plastic with a slit opening so you can fit accessories inside. 



"Are we done yet?" 

Nope, one more thing. 




Gotta do the body comparison with old Deuce. 

Definitely like the new one better. The old boys were so scrawny!




And from the back. 




Okay, Deuce, now we're done. I set him over on the display shelf while I dealt with the girls and Frankie all together. They were all deboxed and photographed in stages because I knew I wanted to do the body comparison.

So yeah, I love new Deuce. I hope they bring back his original personality more. I hate what they turned him into last time. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with this Deuce. While I always had a soft spot for him thanks to his character and me being a HUGE Medusa Stan, I always felt his Original Design was a bit... undercooked. I know some people feel this is a bit too much but I LOVE it that they go all in with him this time. Between this and his frankly adorable Coffee Break version, he's already turning into my fave this time around.

    ReplyDelete