Monday, October 3, 2022

REVIEW: Monster High Draculaura


I always thought this new Laura was cute, but after seeing the animation sneak peek, I REALLY wanted her. Like she was right up there with Lagoona and Toralei. 

In person, both versions did have flaws. Both had slightly off eyes and this one has some paint missing on her black heart, but the other one had a crooked mouth. Both were ultimately cute though. Nothing that would have stopped me from buying. I chose this one because of two things: 1) the crooked mouth was the worse flaw to me and 2) this one has PERFECT bangs. 




The art is so hit or miss. I think Cleo, Deuce and Lagoona got cute art, but definitely not Draculaura. 



Okay, let's go accessories. 


Cute bag with bat wings. 




The opening so she can carry some accessories.




I'm amused they carried over the SPF 500 from the original line. 

The winged pretzel is very cute and goes nicely into the little wrapper. 




Her cup opens like Cleo's does.



Her phone is one of the simpler designs but still cute. 




Cute sunglasses but a little too opaque just like Deuce's. 




Count Fabulous remains fabulous. 




So cute. 



The cape. 




She's so sassy. I really hope she's got some attitude this time. 





She's extremely photogenic. 



I had to force myself to stop taking pics of her because I had a long night of reviewing ahead of me. She was actually the first one I opened, even though I had intended it to be Deuce. 




Here's the outfit laid out. 



I tried to get a decent shot of this, but this was my best. 




Some body shots. 




I hope they do more girls in this style. Tall and curvy would be great. 




She definitely has a bigger chest than the other girls. I wish they'd used that torso mold for more than just her. There are plenty of skinnier girls with bigger boobs, too. It's not only those of us curvy all over. 




Skipping the longer top. The crop top's straps are a bit too long for this to be her permanent look. And it looks like sleepwear. 



This looks really good without the added layer. I wish they'd put in a thicker band of fabric over her boobs so it could be worn without the crop top. 





Her headband stays on somewhat decently. It's definitely loose though. That's why I didn't take Cleo's off. 



Not a fan of the cape. I didn't even bother tying it. 




I adore her ears. I absolutely love the hairstyle she has, but I'm definitely going to need one with her ears showing more, too. 





Again, cute but too opaque. 

Cute though. Really cute. 





Backpack on. 





More backpack! Still failed at making it look like she has wings. 




Got all her things and now she's ready to go. 


Laura is far and away my fave of the main trio for these signature dolls. She does not disappoint. The fit of the sheer top can be a little odd, but I don't hate it. She comes with a lot of fun pieces and I totally love her hair like this. I want her hat though. One of the future dolls better have that!

I am actually going to end on Laura for the night and tackle Clawdeen and Frankie tomorrow before work. Then Lagoona should arrive tomorrow and I'll do her if the doll isn't flawed. 

Ah, this has been a lot of fun. I'm happy to see MH back and really looking forward to the movie but especially the cartoon. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. This Draculaura is so cute. And while I can't quite put my finger on why, she makes me excited for a character that I honestly was kinda done with and that's always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete