Monday, October 17, 2022

REVIEW: Sugar Planet Nebula

 I cannot even put into words how happy I am to have this set! I've been collecting Sugar Planet since 2011 and I have never seen this set for sale. Sugar Planet was a line by MGAE that was sold in 2002-2003. The 2002 sets are fairly easy to find, but the 2003 ones are quite the opposite. Three of these larger sets were shown and none of them were fully produced, so it seems. I have one other with the fairy Frolique and now this set with Nebula, which was my most wanted. There's a third set with a winter theme and a blonde doll named Hailee. There were also three single-packed doll and pet sets in the same themes: fairy, cosmic and winter. Pyxis and Cosma, the fairy and cosmic characters, were produced, but I've never seen Slushee, who's a brunette in the winter theme. 

So in short, now that I have Nebula, I'm only missing the two 2003 winter girls. I may never get them because it's taken me 11 years to find Nebula! I bought her from Denmark via ebay. 




Here's the back of the box featuring the only picture of the doll that I've known for over a decade. 

The produced doll is a little different in that both she and Sunspot have helmets, while in the photo she has the same headband that Cosma comes with. 



Bottom of the box, which shows the three 2003 sets on the left and two of the three 2002 sets on the right. 




Box handle. 




Her poster is funny because they have the wrong name and pet on it.




The UFO case. 




Opened up. 

This is so cute. Definitely my favorite of the cases. I don't have the older ones anymore, but I do have Frolique's. 




The bottom is a storage chamber for the accessories. 




Like so.




And the top is where you'd put the doll.




Her charm bracelet. 



Here's Nebula! She's really top heavy with the helmet on. 



Sunspot.



Helmets off. I like the idea of them, but they display so much easier without.



Pants instead of the skirt. I prefer the skirt. 



In her set. 


And she's invited Cosma and Atmos to come live there, too. 

Agh, so happy! This set is perfect. I wish this line had continued. The sets were getting better and better, so of course the line ended and the best ones yet were made really hard to find if they were produced at all. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment