Thursday, October 13, 2022

REVIEW: Barbie Color Reveal Neon/Tie Dye Series

 

Every now and then, one of the Barbie Color Reveal dolls becomes a must have for me. I loved the 2020 mermaid series (not the 2021 ones with the merman, though those were okay) and I loved the confetti party series. 

The new series I think a lot of people were calling neon, me included. But it seems to actually be called tie dye. Meh. I'm sticking with neon. 

There was one I wanted in particular. With the higher prices on these now, I've got to be picky. 





I bought one at random a few days ago and got the pink one. 




She's cute but she'll probably go into my next batch of stuff to sell to the local toy store. 



I was determined to get the one I wanted, so I did some code research and came up with my guess as to which one it was. 

The codes are printed in silver on the lid. In wonderful teeny tiny numbers. Sigh. 





All the little packets and the picture of the whole line. 




Yay, it's her! 

Of course I wanted the one with the crimped chartreuse hair. 




I didn't even look at what she was wearing. I just knew I wanted the doll. But she is cactus-themed and I love it. 

Look at that cute purse. Adorable. 




Here's the art of all the dolls. 

It did not want to lie flat. 

The orange one is rarer. Have they done that before? I don't remember that, but I think I've skipped a few series. I think the merman was rarer, right? 




Ugh, I love her. This line is definitely for the target market, but it's also pretty fun for adults if you like the occasional simple doll and I do. 




Full body. I might have gone with pink shoes instead of the yellow because it doesn't quite match. It's not a neon yellow. Pink or green or orange. But eh, minor nitpick. I love her.


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.






CODES: 

There are a lot of codes for these dolls, but if you manage to find a lot of them, you should be able to tell which one is in the tube, no matter if you have any of the known codes or not. 

They stay in the same order: Purple, Green, Orange, Pink, Blue. 

So if you find a bunch, find the five different numbers and put them in order, then match them to that color order above. I bought 1302 (green) and 1322 (pink) and also saw 1332 and 1292 in the case I just looked through, so it's likely safe to presume those two are the blue and purple respectively, because they fall into the right order. There were also multiples of each of these numbers, leaving out the rarer orange one. I didn't go through the whole display, but it's quite possible the 1312 orange one was there. 


KNOWN CODES:

PURPLE: 1152, 1362, 1292 (presumed)

GREEN: 1162, 1372, 1302

ORANGE: 1172, 1382, 1312 (presumed)

PINK: 1392, 1322, 1462

BLUE: 1892, 1542, 1402, 1332 (presumed)

No comments:

Post a Comment