Monday, October 3, 2022

REVIEW: Monster High Frankie Stein



Frankie was the other one that had to grow on me, but it took longer than Clawdeen's instant love. 





Their art is cute but makes me wish they'd gone for the shaved side like the animation has. 




Frankie is a little more boring in the accessories department. 



Sunglasses. Definitely reminiscent of G1 but I'm too lazy to find some and compare. 



The backpack is awesome. 




Jacket front. 




And jacket back. 




Phone. Pretty cute. 




Whatzie!




Whatzie is my favorite pet after Anubyss. 




Straight out of the box. 




They're pretty, though maybe a little blank compared to the others. 

Great earrings and I like the barrettes. 

Their hair is really nice. Soft and silky like Laura's. 





I think my biggest issue is that they lose their neck so easily.



All the pieces. 




Belt. This is cute. 




The taller body. 

Yes, they are blue now. It's due to Universal having a copyright on Frankenstein being green. I think they look fine. They're definitely still recognizable as Frankie Stein. 





The prosthetic I thought was a bit of an odd choice, because they're made up of various body parts, so why not just source another leg? But then in the animation preview, it showed them having a whole lab full of changeable parts, so that's going to be part of their thing and I get it now. 




The prosthetic is cool-looking. I like it. 

If they don't make a gimmicky Frankie that comes with a load of changeable parts, they're not doing their jobs right. 




This is when they really started to grow on me. I like the little blouse. And I like seeing more skin between the top and the skirt. 




Cute with the jacket, cuter without. 




Hungry? 




Cute but definitely not staying on. 




Too many layers, I think. 

Well, no, I don't hate it. 

Hmm.




Ah, the phone pose. 




Backpack on!



And the final shot. Frankie took a while to grow on me, but by the end of my reviews, they got there. I think I'm going to restyle them later and take the sweater vest off. I prefer just the blouse or the blouse with the jacket. Not sure yet. The backpack was a little bit of a tight fit, so I'm not sure it will fit with the jacket on. I'll experiment later. 

So Frankie will get a restyle, Clawdeen will hit the salon, and I should have Lagoona to review tonight. 

Now for the shot that threw off my whole review because I had to take the pictures in stages so I could set the dolls aside nude until I got Frankie deboxed. 

So each one has a different body. 

Laura is of course the curvy one. She's the only one with a bigger chest. The Chest piece on the other three looks the same. 

Only Laura has her lower torso, but also only Cleo has her lower torso. She nips in more at the waist than the lower torso that Frankie and Clawdeen share. 

Frankie's height is all limbs. They basically have the same torso as Clawdeen. 

Laura has the biggest thighs, but Cleo is very close second. She's really not much smaller. It's mostly that her thighs are longer because she's taller. 

I hope they do a tall but curvy girl. Maybe Abbey? 

I'll be doing body pics for Lagoona tonight, but I'm not undressing them all every time there's a new addition. I'll just reference this photo and what we know they look like. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. So that's why they're blue! Okay, it makes sense and honestly, my brain is still reading most of the photos of them as green-ish. I will absolutely need an array of fun attachments for Frankie ASAP.

    Still wondering how they lose their neck so easily though. Is it simply not long enough or are the stitches and clothes pulling an optical illusion? In any case, this definitely pushed me to getting this Frankie because I am a sucker for individual clothing pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While it's not an optical illusion per sé, I've heard people knowing way more about fashion talking about it being her top half being somewhat cluttered opposed to her somewhat empty bottom half, making the overall look a bit unbalanced. They fixed it by giving her some socks, but removing the vest also feels like a way to fix that. I personally kind of like it, since for me Frankie is all about assymetry. That said I understand why people wouldn't.

      Delete
    2. I like it much better with the strip of stomach showing, so I think for me it's about breaking up the chunkiness of their clothing. Not showing the midriff somehow emphasizes just how short their torso really is. I think they'd have been better not using the same body as the others and getting a longer lower torso piece as well as the long legs.

      Delete