Tuesday, October 4, 2022

NEWS: Monster High Skulltimate Secrets

Amazon Canada came through with some promos for the upcoming Skulltimate Secrets MH line that's due out next year. Each set comes with a doll, 2 outfits and a ton of accessories, all hidden behind the doors of giant plastic lockers. Those might make cool storage boxes so I'm not unhappy about the actually very reasonable price of $30.

Frankie:

https://www.amazon.ca/Mattel-HKY62-Monster-High-Innovation/dp/B0B625WL8C

I love the bright blue streaks at the front of their hair and I really love the makeup colors. All the clothing pieces are great. Frankie always could rock neon very well. I don't love the collar or the earrings, but everything else yes. 


Draculaura:

https://www.amazon.ca/Mattel-HKY60-Monster-High-Innovation/dp/B0B624TPWZ

I like the matching top and skirt and the second top but hate the weird pink and white bottom and the ugly pink jacket. The hat, jewelry and shoes are just okay. The doll though. I love her. That hair is gorgeous. 


Clawdeen:

https://www.amazon.ca/Mattel-HKY61-Monster-High-Innovation/dp/B0B628VYF2

This is one of the best Clawdeens they have ever done. Her hair is amazing. Her makeup is perfection. I love every fabric piece. The hat and moon boots I don't care for, but there's so much good here that it barely matters. 


Lagoona:

https://www.amazon.ca/Mattel-HKY64-Monster-High-Innovation/dp/B0B627JK6P/

WOW. I really have no words. She is SO PERFECT. I love everything. Clawdeen from this line is sheer fabulousness, but Lagoona could not possibly be better. Just wow.


Cleo:

https://www.amazon.ca/Mattel-HKY63-Monster-High-Innovation/dp/B0B625FGHC

And then there's Cleo. Lagoona and Clawdeen knocked everything out of the park and Frankie did their best to follow. Laura wasn't as good, but at least she stuck to her colors. Cleo...why the hell did they put pink on her? Not only is it not part of the Egyptian palette, which is certainly wide enough that it does not need pink or purple added to be interesting, but this pink doesn't even complement her skintone. Why not just use red? ARGH. I like most of the pieces. That gold lame bit is an ugly mess. The pink earrings and shoes are nice molds, just the wrong color. I really love her bangs and eye makeup. I'll likely cave on this, having me buying the entire line, but I'm not happy about this pink at all. Oh, well. Cleo can share the spotlight and not be the best doll in the line for once. Heh. 


There are some great details if you zoom in on the locker pics. 

If you look at Cleo's pet pic, you can see HISSETTE. 

Laura's locker has a photo of her and Toralei. There's another where they're lifted a gold trophy and there's a big brown hand on the right side. Likely a male hand. 

Clawdeen's has a high five with someone in front of a plant monster? That looks like Chewlian? I might be wishful seeing here. 

Lagoona's has a photo with a blue arm with a webbed hand draped around her shoulders. Finnegan...or Gil?

Very interesting! I can't wait for this show to start!

2 comments:

  1. These dolls were instant love for me. Especially that Clawdeen! And also excited for some of the pictures, who're all appear to be big teases.
    Man I hope I have the patience to wait until 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made the mistake of reading fan comments about this line and now I want to stab myself in the eye so I never have to see the word slay, ate, or anything else along those lines again.

    Frankie's looking fab and I love that they gave them different color eyeshadow/liner. Frankie's always been surprisingly versatile with makeup and I'm glad they haven't forgotten this.

    I don't get Draculaura's diaper. I'm pretty sure I actually get the look they're going for but it also tends to look like a diaper on actual people so I stand by my "no" fashion vote. Otherwise I adore her.

    Clawdeen! I like the shoe mold but I don't like the colors even if they go with the outfits. I love her makeup and her green top.

    Lagoona's silver jewelry is making me unreasonably happy.

    I like Cleo's doll but remain confused as to the eyes and why they're making her shimmer eyes a thing.

    I love the details on the lockers and for what it's worth, I see Chewlian, too. Hissette lives!

    ReplyDelete