Monday, October 17, 2022

REVIEW: Dream Ella Extra Iconic Mini Aria

This is actually not my first Dream Ella product, but it's my first time taking the time for a review. I have the candy Dream Bella with the mint-colored braids. She's cute but I didn't feel she was worth reviewing. These though, yes. 

I liked the larger Extra Iconic dolls. I'll likely get Aria at some point. Maybe Yasmin. But after some initial reservations, I was more drawn to the mini dolls for probably obvious reasons. I ordered mini Aria and she arrived today. (Mini Yasmin should be here soon, too.)

One confusing thing about these is the price point. Amazon has three different ones. The purple-haired Ella with the silly cheek hearts is $12.96. Yasmin is $16.11 and Aria here is currently $13.08 marked down from $16.28. What the hell is the actual price for this line? No idea. I was also confused at first because I wondered how the much bigger dolls were $14.99 and these tiny ones cost more (sometimes). It's because these are fully articulated and the big ones are not. Well, that's my guess anyway.



The art. 

The description on Amazon calls her hair pink, but it is decidedly peach. Though on the art, it looks way more pink.


 


I didn't care for these as much right off the bat because it took time for me to get used to the starey face. There's this flat, kinda lifeless look to some of the Dream Ella line. 

But with this outfit, I had to try Aria out. 




Her purse is very cute. 



The belt is plastic and snaps around her waist but is still attached to the skirt, which I like on something this small. I love the boots and top, and the necklace is cute. I also love the black heart earrings, though I didn't take them out for this picture. 




The body has quite a ton of poseability for being as small as she is. There's a lot of range to her legs in particular. 

I can't say much about her hair. It's in those stiff not quite ringlets. I'm not sure if I want to wash the gel out or not. Maybe...




She sits nicely. 

They definitely have cuter bodies than the Barbie Extra Minis. 





I went with that for the size comparison shot. 


I like her a lot. I still think she's a little bit blank in the face, but she's still pretty. I love all of her outfit and she holds poses very nicely. She looks far more graceful than the Barbie Extra Mini up there. Maybe that's just some effect of having a smaller head. I dunno. 

I think it's funny that MGAE knocked off the Extra line as if it's some sort of threat. Is it really? I never think of them as doing that well, but maybe they are. Ella exists mostly to knock off Barbie lines anyway, so why not Extra, too? I certainly don't mind if they keep making products like this. 

I do think she's a smidge overpriced. I would have put them anywhere from $12.99 to $14.99, but I'm happy to have her, so I don't mind paying a bit more. 

Now I think I might go wash that gel out...

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment