Thursday, June 9, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 4 Meena Fleur



Last but not least is adorable Meena. 



Stand and comb. 

Two shorter tops, one pair of gold pants, one long skirt. 

She has earrings, an armband and (not pictured) six bracelets. Finally, an accessory focus that comes with accessories! She also has six barrettes. They're blocked from sliding off by a hairtie on one side but not the other so be careful not to lose any.

Like Lila, Meena has the extra legs with flat feet. 




Pre-salon. 



The heels. 




I love all these details!



I put the shoes on her before I attached her legs. It wasn't easy because the gold cord could stand to be a couple inches longer but it worked. 




From the side. 




Second outfit with flat shoes.




First outfit top with the long skirt and flat shoes. 




First outfit with the flat shoes. 

If you are going to put her in the pants, I recommend putting the legs on first, then the pants, then the shoes. The pants are tight and her legs here aren't attached because I didn't want to fight with the pants. 




Second top with the gold pants and flat shoes. 




Second outfit with the heels. 





Heels from the side. 





This was a tough choice! I knew I wanted the skirt but I like both tops almost equally. The tassels won me over. Then I really like both pairs of shoes with this, too, but I went with the flats because so few of them have flats. If she ever goes on sale, I'd get another Meena. 


All together! I think this is the strongest series yet. There is not one dud here. I love them all. I loved Series 3 as well but you have to admit that Gabriella and Sheryl are weak links, whereas this series has none. And this is the highest level of diversity we've seen yet. 

I'm still hoping to see some body diversity eventually and HAIR DIVERSITY. This is still mostly straight long hair. Where are the textures? Where's a short-haired girl that isn't just a girl with an updo? Someday, MGAE. Come on. Jewel, Coco and Mila would have rocked a bob. 

Overall, I love them all. This is the first time I've wanted twins of so many. I need another Mila, Delilah and then the Storm twins, too. Argh! so many pretties, so little money and space.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 



3 comments:

  1. You know, I love your blog and I love to hear (read?) your opinions because we agree about so much but we also can be so different! That's something I like about collecting community. For example, you listed Sheryl as a weak link for series 3 when she to me is the absolute best of all of them, and I know you like the roses girl? I forgot her name but her fashions where albeit very 90's the most awfully put together from this lot. We do agree about Gabriella, ugh, blue is my favourite color and they have done the worst with it. I like Skyler enough but jean fabric? Sporty for Coco? Basic standard clothing for Gabi? I only liked River (Unpopular opinion, I know) and the sleepover girl and I am kinda sad that my fav colour has the worst fashions.
    I guess, objectively Skyler has a better fashion sense than the other series one girls..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheryl is an amusing nod to Clueless but if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have bought her at all. I hate the color of most of her clothes. Mustard yellow is fine on food, not on clothes.

      I love Daria. Her first outfit is weaker, though the dress and jacket work nicely as separates, but I'm not sure how a matching pinstriped outfit that goes with both pairs of shoes can be "awfully put together." It matches and it's cut nicely. Pair it with the heels and it goes business, with the combat boots and it's corp goth. I'm always in favor of that, but it's also a not over the top, functional outfit that would actually work on real people, unlike a lot of RH's stuff, which is something I'm always going to like from this line of overbranded designer copycats. My least favorite thing about RH is far and away the logos on everything, even where they make no sense.

      But yeah, different people like different styles, colors, etc. I'm sure there are those out there that flip when they see that fortieth pair of RH hoop earrings.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah I was talking about the main outfits. I agree that Sheryl's second outfit wasn't great (mainly the print on the skirt) and Daria's suit is certainly better than the other outfit.
      I do, like you dislike the abundance of RH logos on the clothes, lol. I it's nit like we are going to forget that these dolls are Rainbow High lmao

      Delete