Wednesday, June 1, 2022

NEWS: Zombies 3

Oh, boy. 

So when the Disney Zombies franchise finally got dolls, it was Mattel at the helm, doing the ones for Zombies 2 and they were awesome. 

Now Hasbro has taken over with the new dolls for Zombies 3 and...eh...


These dolls are major spoilers for Zombies 3, which releases on July 15th. I'm deliberately not posting pics to avoid spoilers but do not read any further if you don't want to be spoiled with character names and descriptions.





Both Zed and Addison have dolls that are available right now for $22.99 each. 


ZED:

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Zombies-Zed-Fashion-Doll/dp/B09QXRKB8T

Zed has zero wrist articulation and I'm pretty sure that shirt is one piece mimicking two. I think the Mattel version was cuter. 


ADDISON: 

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Zombies-Addison-Fashion-Accessories/dp/B09QXQY3JS

Addison is BIG SPOILER in her alien form. We knew aliens were coming from the end of Zombies 2 but to have her only (so far) single-packed doll be an alien look is an interesting choice. The outfit is okay but the painted silver legs and solid silver boots end up having a cheap look. Those definitely look like Descendants hands so I won't be surprised if these are using Descendants bodies, too. The doll is pretty but I don't have an Addison and I don't know if I ever will.


The next two dolls are slated for release on the 15th.


WILLA: 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QXRXN53  

Werewolf leader Willa gets another doll. She's pretty but I think the Mattel version was better. I did order her though. I like Willa, though I'm sad they're leaving out Wyatt AGAIN and I would have been happy for another Wynter. 


A-SPEN:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QXTJTX4

Aha, an alien! A-spen is referred to as they/them, which is a rather bold move on Disney's part. I wonder if all the aliens are nonbinary. There are two others that are being left out of doll form so far, which is a shame. Not thrilled with you, Hasbro. A-spen is cute, though their arms look really, really skinny. They look better in the boxed photo though. I ordered them, too. 


Then there is a 4-pack of the SAME 4 characters in different clothes. This is why Hasbro is annoying. they're leaving out the humans, the other zombies, the other wolves AND the other aliens, but we need 2 outfits for each of these. The only one that was needed was Addison in her human form and she could have been a single-packed doll. GRR.

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Zombies-Fashion-12-Inch-Accessories/dp/B09QXTCN1K/

This retails for $77.99 and won't be out til August 1st. I don't need Zed in his football uniform. Willa is pretty but her single-pack outfit is better. I'm not sure if I prefer this look for A-spen but I don't think so. Addison is pretty but the alien doll is better. I wish they'd done a mold with her smiling with her teeth showing. She's pretty in the photo there. Do that. She looks too serious.


So yeah, I'm slightly hopeful there may be more but I'm not holding my breath. Hasbro didn't do horribly with Descendants at first, but it didn't take them long to completely bomb the line by making too many variants of Evie and Mal and leaving out key characters like Harry, Gil, an articulated Celia, and multiple Lonnies. Let's just say I'm way more excited for the movie than for these dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment