Thursday, June 16, 2022

REVIEW: Hasbro's Zombies 3 Willa



I got my Zombies 3 Willa doll from Amazon today. 

Firstly, I'm not sure if this is an Amazon thing, but they might not want to cover the dolls up if they're on store shelves. I don't like fully-enclosed packaging. 



On her box liner. 

Already I am not impressed. 




Her hair is a fun texture but it does get scraggly. I had to trim some longer pieces. 



Cool arm designs. 

I like her moonstone necklace and armband. 



With the Mattel doll. I really wish Mattel was still doing these. They were better at giving us more characters and more quality. 



Why did Hasbro make her head so big? Argh. 





Think the hands look familiar? That's because the entire body is just the old Descendants body. 



I don't hate this Willa but she's obviously quite inferior to the Mattel version. I cancelled my order of A-Spen, though I might grab them and Addison eventually. I might wait to watch the movie first. One thing I can say for sure is that I do not see $22.99 here. Not at all. Sorry, Willa!


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They use them/them pronouns for A-Spen on the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed it! I'd forgotten that. I wonder if all the aliens will be enby.

      Delete
    2. I really hope so! Thanks for fixing the pronoun, as someone who uses they/them it means a lot! ❤️

      Delete
    3. No problem! I honestly just forgot. I can't wait to see the movie and get to know all the new characters.

      Delete
  3. I watched a marvel legends live stream a couple of months ago and a marketing person mentioned that Hasbro was trying to be more eco-friendly and introducing these packages without the plastic. I've been seeing them a lot in action figures lately, but not in dolls until now. I'm half and half on these cause I hardly find anything in stores anymore and most of my toys come from online retailers, unfortunately. BUT, I do understand the frustration because you can't see the product before you buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing the "blind" plastic-free packaging more and more these days, including on shop shelves... I know Disney Store has switched to it for their basic dolls (I think the playset ones are still visible). I know it's better for the environment and all, and I'm for that, but I wish they could find some way of making more "green" packaging without hiding the actual product... I hate not seeing what I'm buying! Especially w/ dolls where the faces can vary so much.

    ReplyDelete