Thursday, June 2, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High/Shadow High Ainsley Slater


Got my Ainsley set from Amazon today! 

I've been wanting a doll of her forever and she's even better than I hoped, though of course I have some constructive criticism. (As usual.)



Comb, hangers and stand. All Rainbow High. Despite the package saying Shadow High, Ainsley does not come with a single SH-branded item. Everything is Rainbow High-related. It's very confusing. 

One of my hangers was somehow blended with some gold. I like it. 

Ainsley comes with a ton of stuff. 

Tops: long-sleeved vinyl midriff, vinyl corset, strappy midriff, black and white jacket, one-sleeved signature top. 

Bottoms: Black and white mini, vinyl pants, signature black and gold skirt with belt. 

She also has a minidress with a clear plastic corset piece.  

Accessory-wise, she has a...ugh...fanny pack, two gold bracelets, combat boots with spikes, oil slick boots, RH heels, and big black boots with rainbow soles. 


I'm not going to try on every outfit combination. I'm sure there are loads of pics out there. 


Here's the dress. I love this piece but I find the clear plastic part really confusing. I mean, it's clear plastic. It looks like packaging. 

It also doesn't fit right. The dress closes in the back easily, but when you attach the straps around her neck, it pops open. 




There. Fixed it. I cut the straps off so now the plastic works more like a waist corset and it looks more obviously like a dress. 

I actually really like the shoes, even though they're simple and look barely there from the front. They're great with the dress. I'd like to get an extra Emi and put this on her. 


The jacket is my least favorite of the clothing pieces, though it's still awesome. I think it would be great on one of the SH dolls but it's plastered with RH words. Jett would look good in it. 

The black and white skirt is okay. It was a bit hard to get on and it's my least favorite of the bottoms. 

And likewise, the boots are my least favorite of the shoes. 

Not that any of the pieces aren't good. They are. It's just that the others are amazing. 

Oh, and this is Ainsley's hair down. Not that you can see it great, but it's fully down. I wanted to keep her bang pieces sewn on, but they both came loose, so I shot this before I redid her ponytail. 



Gah, I LOVE the vinyl pants. Brings back a lot of memories. I wore them all the time in the early 2000s. 

I love the oil slick boots but they're definitely going to Naomi or Veronica. 

The top is fab, too. 





The back is great. I love the multiple straps. 


The pants are really tight but they do stay shut mostly. 




Same pants and boots with the corset top. Actually, I'm not positive this is really a corset but it's so small, I can't see all the details enough to judge. 




All vinyl! 

She looks so badass. Like she's off to fight crime. Or do crime. 



And into the signature look. 

I love this but the vinyl has a siren call. 



Ainsley is really pretty. The original mold isn't my favorite but she makes it look gorgeous. 

Her hair is long, silky and super thick, but it's also very prone to flyaways. It like gravitates to her eyelashes and sticks there. So try not to judge how much is in her face in these pics. 


My final look for Ainsley is the vinyl pieces plus her combat boots. It's a little less supervillain than it is with the corset and definitely something I'm pretty sure I wore back in the day. 

Overall, Ainsley has a great set with some of the best pieces in the entire line, in my opinion. I always love clothes I'd actually wear. I do think it fails in branding because some of the pieces should have been for Shadow High. She's also yet another accessory focus that barely has accessories. That crappy fanny pack does not count. Daphne. Margot. Now Ainsley. Give these girls some jewelry! She should have had at least one silver piece instead of only the gold bracelets. But I love her regardless and I'm so happy she's finally got a doll.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment