Thursday, June 9, 2022

TOP 10: LOL OMG



I used to love doing my ranking posts but lines have simply gotten too big for such things. So instead, I thought I'd do some Top 10 posts. I definitely have one in mind for Rainbow High but I want to spend a little more time with Series 4 before I make my decisions. I already know who gets half of the spots but choosing between the others will not be easy. Both Series 3 and Series 4 are amazing and full of strong contenders. 

So let's begin with LOL OMG. There are a lot of these dolls I love and choosing this tenth spot was pretty hard. There were four strong options, but...

#10: VIRTUELLE

I went with Virtuelle. I'm a sucker for the microbraided hair and Sways almost got this spot but Virtuelle won out. I love both the Queens I have but their over the top style kept them both off this list. Virtuelle has been on my favorites shelf since I got her and all the others on that shelf got a spot on this list. That told me she was the right choice. 




#9: MELROSE

The newest addition to that shelf, Melrose earned her place, though nearer the bottom. I adore her outfit and makeup, but it's her hair that holds her back. I love that it's an updo but the best part is hidden in the back and I'm not sure I like the loose bang that much. It's going to have to remain gelled forever or it will fly all over. 




#8: B

That's what I call this girl. I can't stand some of the LOL names and their constant slangy misspelling of "girl" is one of the worst. 

I'm not a huge fan of painted baby hairs but B works them so well that she won me over to that side. Though I do prefer RH's molded approach, despite its QC problems. 

The fact that she's sporty and this high on the list goes to show how awesome she is. She's so not my style that she has to be that amazing to make it on here at all. 






#7: COASTAL 

This doll's beautiful red hair and overall color scheme got her a place on the list. The basic swim line is all gorgeous, despite the overpricing and lack of articulation, but Coastal is my favorite of the three. 


 



#6: SPICY

Spicy is one that I love but I always feel like I should love her more. She seems pretty perfect for me, even exemplifying one of my favorite color schemes (red, black and white) but she misses the mark a tad. I think it's the pink. It matches her tot perfectly so I get why it's there but it holds her back from being higher on the list. 





#5: DREAMY BONES

I adore Dreamy (Chillax) but she would have been higher if her stock had been better. I had to redress and rename her to make her resemble her tot better. Sleepy Bones is one of my fave tots ever so there was no way her sister was wearing what she came in. Oh, no. Oh, hell, no. But with the Monster High dress, she's exactly what I wanted. 






#4: ANGLES

Oh, the gorgeousness. Shapes is another of my fave tots but unlike Dreamy, Angles was pretty much perfect out of the gate. Her only flaw was the scraggly long white lock of hair that I had to cut to make it work better. I love her so much.





#3: SKETCHES

New girl Sketches killed most of the competition. I'm not sure any future LOL release could beat my top 2 so the #3 spot is as high as you can get and she sure got there. She has the best hair of the entire line. It's perfection. 






#2: ALT

Alt was my #1 for so long! She'll always have a special place in my heart as the first OMG I truly fell in love with. Others that came after are definitely better-designed but none can achieve that same specialness Alt did. 



#1: MOONLIGHT

Dusk is probably my fave tot ever and Moonlight is my fave OMG. Makes sense. 

She's a goth wearing clothes and makeup an actual goth might wear. She has shorter hair. Everything is dark. She's perfect. So perfect that when I ordered two to make sure I got a good face, I ended up opening both so one could have her hair up and one lost the little pigtails. The more stock one with the pigtails lives on my favorites shelf in my toy room, while the one with her hair down has a permanent spot on the coffee table or end table. 

So that's that! This was fun so I may try my hand at a few more of these posts. Definitely going to do an RH one soon. The top ones will be the least surprising list ever, but the bottom ones even I don't know right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment