Wednesday, June 22, 2022

TOP 15: Rainbow & Shadow High

 

I am totally cheating with this list. Top 10 didn't seem like enough. I wanted to showcase more favorites, so here are my Top 15 Rainbow/Shadow High dolls.

#15: JEWEL

I didn't initially like Jewel much because I wasn't drawn to her in her main outfit, but as I waited for the line to come out, I wanted her more. She was actually the first one I opened and I adore her in her second outfit. Her makeup is lovely. I am a sucker for darker jewel tones and I like the unexpected edginess to this outfit. She was a nice surprise. 



#14: KARMA

Ah, Karma. She was my favorite for quite sometime, but let's just say that competition got REALLY fierce. 

I still love that she has brown eyes and a lovely shimmery warm skintone. Her makeup was pretty out there for the earlier RH lines and I adored that. I also love her Pizzazz chartreuse hair. This skirt is a great piece. I love that it's not just a miniskirt like a lot of them have. 


#13: MARGOT

Margot, why don't I have one of my usual final look photos for you? Yeah, I don't know either. 

Margot almost didn't make the list but then I picked up her doll and started holding her next to the others and she ended up drawing me in more than Karma and Jewel. Margot was my early fave once I got a good look at her gorgeous face. It's her hair that held her back a bit because I wanted white. I adore white hair (except Amaya's) and I was dismayed to see she didn't actually have white hair at all. Between that and her lack of regular clothes, she just couldn't compete with the girls above her. Still, it's a sign of how gorgeous she is that she got this far on her face alone. 




#12: DAPHNE

Sweet Daphne! I wish they did more with her on the show because I love what little I've seen of her character. That's part of the reason I fell in love with the doll so much. Her outfits aren't the greatest and I wish she had more jewelry, but her beautiful face got her this rank. I love her makeup and how much personality it gives her. She's just lovely. 



#11: DARIA

Oh, the beauty. I adore this outfit so much. It was my favorite until the Shadow High pieces started coming. Normally, I wish for more brown eyes, but Daria is my favorite darker-skinned girl with light eyes in the line. I think they suit her better than brown would have. 

The thing that holds her back a bit is her odd hairstyle. Everything else I adore. 



#10: GEORGIA

Georgia was the most beautiful RH doll for me until Shadow High and then Series 4 came out. She is still completely glorious though. 

I'm not a huge fan of her clothing style but it works for her. Her hair, makeup, and color scheme are simply beautiful. 

Now if only they'd use her in the show! Georgia is easily the most underused character. We have barely seen her and it makes me mad. 



#9: DELILAH

SO CUTE. I adore Delilah and I'm glad they finally have a character with glasses. I need to get a second one to have one without her glasses though. Her makeup, freckles and white lashes are to die for. And I am possibly the world's biggest sucker for gray eyes. 


#8: COCO

Honestly, Coco and Delilah are pretty much a tie. Both are stunning dolls held back by their clothes. I like their clothes and they suit them but they're not my favorite styles, which keeps the dolls from competing as strongly as the others coming up. 

Coco was my major surprise from Series 4. Jewel was, too, but I really didn't like Coco from her stock pics. However, in person, she's fab. I love her color scheme with the vibrant blue contrasting her gorgeous dark skin and then the beautiful coppery lip color with the brighter blue and white eye makeup. I also love her more amber eye color than a darker brown. Everything on her just really pops.



#7: VERONICA

I'm using a pic of Veronica without her gum to fully show off her adorable face. 

I love the twins so much but the competition was really insane up this high on the list and Veronica couldn't quite keep up. I imagined her one spot higher honestly, but the next girl edged her out a bit. Gah, she is lovely though. I need a second set of twins. This is how good these new series are. I never bought doubles before, though I did intend to get a second Emi, but now I have Coco doubles, Mila doubles, and I'm planning on getting another set of twins and another Delilah.


 


#6: MEENA

Yeah, I expected Veronica to beat Meena, but the reason I wanted to wait a bit after getting Series 4 was to get a better read on my love for all these girls. Meena has been a total eye-catching powerhouse on my Series 4 shelf and she deserves this high spot. She is perfection. 

I also am a humongous sucker for orange. It's my favorite color after black. Yes, yes, make your Halloween jokes. 



#5: EMI

Oh, Emi, I love you. Emi was the first RH to make it out into my living room and she's still here. She actually currently looks a little different from this picture. She stole Carmen's black lace gloves and Holly's purple gemstone earrings. Emi gets all the good stuff. 

I still think she has one of the best faces in the line. What kept her from being a smidge higher was her boots, which I don't 100% love, and the fact that she had to be given a bunch of different pieces to reach her potential. 



#4: HEATHER

Heatherrrrrrrrrrr. I love her funky hair and her exaggerated makeup. Love this throwback to Bratz outfit. Love her personality description from the website. What I don't really love is her personality from the show. I haven't seen anything of the horror-loving, SFX makeup guru that loves darker things. I do like her wacky side, like laughing with the twins, but I have yet to be really impressed by her portrayal and that can affect my opinion of a doll. That and these next three are simply perfect. 



#3: MILA

I am absolutely in love with Mila right now. Hands down my favorite of Series 4. Both of her outfits are perfection. I love her hair rings. Is there a name for those? Love them so much. I love her makeup. I just almost have no words for how special she is. 




#2: SHANI

Everything about Shani Onyx is flawless. She's right to have the attitude she does in the show. This doll is SO STUNNING. I completely undervalued her from the stock photos, but in person you can see how amazing her makeup is. You cannot take a bad photo of her. She is easily the most photogenic of all my RH dolls. 




Seriously, I took this with junk lighting in a hurry after I gave her Luna's bracelets and she looks PERFECT. 

I think she's the most beautiful RH/SH doll of all. 


So who beat the most beautiful? 



#1: NAOMI

The most perfect for me, that's who. I frickin' LOVE Naomi on the show. She's hilarious. Combine that with her badass outfit, her oil slick fur jacket, that gorgeous hair and her perfect makeup, and you have my #1 girl. She is dripping with attitude and confidence. I love her so much and can't wait to see what the Storm twins get up to next. Also can't wait to get another Naomi and Veronica to get them into some of Ainsley's outfit pieces, which are spectacular. 

6 comments:

  1. The more I look at your top 15 (and your reviews in general), the more I get tempted to order one of the girls. So much pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're well worth it! Who do you like?

      Delete
    2. Emi is on the list of the ones I like - I'm in love with her hair color. Poppy's on the list as well. I love the Jr High look for her

      Delete
  2. Great lineup! I don't have S4 or any of the SH ones yet (cause toys toys toys hahahahahahahaha)but you're right, the competition from earlier series is ridiculously fierce. I'm happy to see someone from a non-pivoting neck wave in your top 15. Most people just disregard those lines. They're still great dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely. Jade would have made it and Stella if I'd done top 20 or 25. I'm not picky about neck articulation but I do love the wider variety of molds in the newer lines.

      Delete