Wednesday, June 8, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 4 Jewel Richie

My other Series 4 dolls should finally arrive tonight but I do have Jewel for you! 

I placed a pick up order for 2 Jewels at Target a few days ago, but they cancelled it, so it turned into a shipped order. My mom grabbed her for me after work a couple nights ago and then my shipped ones, which went from Thursday to Monday without change in status, finally started moving. They arrived the next morning and I had 3 to choose from. However, MGAE's quality control being what it is, none of them was perfect. Each one had different lips flaws, each one had baby hair flaws, and each one had eye flaws. So I ended up with the one my mom got, because the other two both had uneven lines on the outsides of their irises and that was way more noticeable than the scratch on this one's bottom lip that was her biggest flaw. Seriously, choosing these dolls is so difficult when you like near perfection.


So Jewel comes with the usual stand and comb, both in a lovely color. I'm such a fan of jewel tones. 

Then she has a sequined dress and the fur stole, which has hidden plastic straps to keep it in place. Her second outfit is a bustier-type top with a miniskirt and a cropped jacket. 

Both outfits come with heels. 

Jewel has more jewelry than any accessory focus, which annoys me. I love Jewel. She deserves it. BUT not when the accessory focus dolls have jack in comparison. She has a necklace on a ribbon, her "second biggest" emerald earrings in the world, and five bracelets. 




I took some shots of her before she hit the salon. 





Here you can see the full design of her skintone.





The bracelets. 




Her hair after salon time. Much better. She was quite gelled. 





Here's the sequin dress. Be careful deboxing her. Mine has a sequin snag from how the stole was tied down. 




With the stole on. 


This outfit is okay. It's mostly my love for the color that makes it acceptable to me. And the cutouts in the dress help. 




I took photos of the shoes before salon time because I knew I wouldn't be putting them back on. 




They're really cool, but if I have a choice between branded shoes and a clean design, I'm likely going to pick the clean design. Likewise I'll rarely choose ribbons. 



The top and skirt are a very thick material. I'm guessing this is faux alligator. 

I love the lacing and black lace on the skirt. Lovely little touches. 

This photo actually has the skirt undone in the back. RH makes skimpy clothing but then messes with the fit so it can't even sit lower on their hips. 




I LOVE this jacket. It is totally badass and not at all what I expected for Jewel. She's risen so much above my expectations for her. 




All the jewelry is great. I need to go adjust those earrings.  




She's beautiful! 



I'm definitely a fan of the illusion heels. You wouldn't think I would be but no, I love them. 



Final look. 

I love Jewel way more than I expected to. She's really gorgeous. 

I'm excited to see the others later. I might have Lila's review done sometime tonight, considering she won't need salon time except maybe on her bangs, which I'll do after the review pics. But the others I imagine will all need gel washed out so they'll get reviews posted tomorrow. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment