Wednesday, June 15, 2022

NEWS: Rainbow/Shadow High's Rainbow Vision


The official RH and SH accounts on Instagram posted photos of their contestants today. We know there will be three bands involved. The third one is the K-Pop group with Tiara Song, who was in the last episode of the show. It was thought they were the RH group but now it seems the disco group might be? We'll see.

Anyway, I'm starting with the best. Neon Shadow is representing Shadow High. We met Harley, the green one, last episode. 

Harley is the best one here for me. Her makeup is better than the other two and I love neon green and black together. Her lip color is gorgeous as is the heterochromia. I love her outfit except for the cheap-looking cat ears and maybe the earrings. I can't see them. I hope I can get those ears off without ruining her braids. 

The pink one is my second favorite, mostly because of the very crimped hair that had better look this way in the package and because I like her eyeshadow. The outfit is cool but basic compared to Harley's. That hat though. That is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen on a doll. Ew. I wish she was orange or yellow instead. Actually yeah, I wish the colors were green, orange and yellow. Pink and blue are a bit overdone. (I say "a bit" with great, great sarcasm.)

The blue one is my least fave but I do like her a lot. I think she's better dressed than the pink except I prefer pink's boots. I wish the blue had  more interesting makeup. Why not a blue lip? Come on. Why are they so afraid of blue? It would have been on theme instead of her sticking out as the one whose lips don't match her skintone. 

That said, I'll be getting all three of these. Sold. 


Next up, we've got the Rainbow Divas. Speculation was the disco group was Pacific Coast, but these ladies have Rainbow right in their name, because apparently to be a band from Rainbow High, you have to pick that low-hanging name fruit. They were also shown on the RH Instagram with the hashtag Team Rainbow High, so how could they be PC?

We know the silver one on the left from the animation. I think people are calling her Aisha. I thought I heard Nyesha instead but I'm not exactly known for my keen hearing. This doll is what Robin Sterling should have been but I'm not sold on her. For $50, I'm going to be picky. I'm already regretting buying the slumber dolls at that price. I never do anything with them. I also hate this lazy sequined fabric with a passion. Don't they realize that spacing out sequins, which look cheap to begin with, makes things look even cheaper? And you know these are gonna be falling off. 

I feel the same way about the gold one. Should have had an afro, too. I do like the cut of her dress better than the silver and the lack of crazy feathers is better. 

Now better grab a seat...I like the pink one best. How rare is that? It's her coloring plus she has the best cut of dress. The structure on the top makes the fabric look less cheap. Plus, I do like rose gold. 

No picture of the K-Pop band, the Royal Three, yet. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Official Instagram accounts for Rainbow High and Shadow High.

No comments:

Post a Comment