Thursday, June 16, 2022

NEWS: Monster High Movie

Nickelodeon and Monster High released some character posters today for the upcoming movie.


I'm starting with my favorite. I love the casting for Frankie and she looks perfect. There's not a thing here I don't love. 


(Gods, whatever y'all do, do not read the comments on the actors posts of their pictures. People are such assholes to them. It's really unbelievable what comes out of the mouths of spoiled brats. Including some complete waste telling Ceci his hair was too short. Uh, Frankie has white hair. Was there ever a time a wig wasn't going to be involved? No. Dick.) 




Going to the other two mains next. 


Clawdeen is looking very Clawdeen-like. Approve.





Laura looks fangtastic, as it says, but I HATE the witchcraft obsession. The ghouls all have their own abilities. They don't need magic. This isn't Charmed or Sabrina or Winx. It's Monster High. Their own abilities should be plenty. 



I AM IN LOVE.

I'm not sure why, when they did colors for Frankie and Laura, Lagoona's blue got left out, but also I don't care. She looks FINTASTIC. 

THOSE EARS. 

I hope there will be movie dolls because I NEED her.

I love her as much as Frankie. 


From excellence to failure. 

UGH. 

Cleo is a MUMMY. She needs to have at least one body part wrapped in bandages. The dress is not enough. 

The outfit design isn't bad but she needed a wrapped calf or forearm. 

 Also, casting non-Egyptians for Egyptians is always a pet peeve of mine. Egyptian actors exist. This is not Cleo. 




I feel like they watched too much Riverdale. 

He's okay. Not great. not awful. Just there.




This I like. 




Bloodgood looks good. 


And this random dude is okay. 

Annoyed he got a poster and we're missing Abbey and Ghoulia though. 



Is this movie going to be fabulous? No. They've clearly taken notes from Descendants and Zombies, which isn't exactly MH. But is it going to be goofy fun? Sure. I think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment