Monday, June 6, 2022

FLASHBACK REVIEW: BFC Ink Summer Camp Aliesha & Kaitlin


I honestly really don't know what made me dip my toe back into the BFC Ink pool, but these two were listed on ebay recently from a kind seller in the UK, who was nice enough to make a special listing for me so I could pay one Global Shipping Program price instead of two. 

Aliesha was the obvious draw. I adore that super 80s extra hot pink. 




The back of the box. Something I did not have in my overview post. 




The group shot. 




BFC Ink dolls are pretty basic. Remember, this was a time before Monster High. Dolls only had the most basic articulation for the most part. The lack of click knees was a bit odd though. Popular lines like Bratz and My Scene at least had that. 

What the BFC dolls do have is articulated ankles. A strange choice but it does lend a little poseability. Their toes are also separated to help the flip flops stay securely on.





I was too lazy to untie Kaitlin's top so only Aliesha is showing off the body. Very basic, as I said, but she has a good range of motion in the joins she does have. 

Forgive the lighting. This was actually the last pic I took before my camera battery died. 




I didn't care for the girls' faces back when they came out. Now I'm definitely more appreciative of them. 

The swimsuits are super cute. Kaitlin's has the adorable little skirt. 



The cover-ups are a bit lame. I would have actually preferred towels. 

The hair is decent but not great quality. The hair was always the worst part of this line. 




So yeah, there's my quick look at some older, harder to find dolls. I need to go scour ebay for some more. I'm pretty sure they have some Series 1 Addisons for halfway reasonable.



PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment