Tuesday, May 16, 2023

NOSTALGIA TIME: Heart Family





The Kiss & Cuddle Heart Family dolls came out in 1986 when I was 7 and 8. I thought she was so beautiful. The neighbor kid my mom used to babysit for had the family set and I got to play with them over there, so I never got Mrs. Heart for myself. 

I'm not sure how she slipped my mind when I've been recollecting childhood loves for decades now, but here we are with me having only just bought her. I got a great deal on ebay and brought this home for $27.50. 


The box is practically like new. I didn't keep it, but it was very crisp. 




Ah, takes me back. 




I have zero interest in baby boy here. Someday I'll wash his face and try to reduce that shine. 




Here she is! 



I loved this dress so much when I was little. It's funny how much red we saw in the 80s, but now it's like toy companies are afraid of it. How often is red replaced with pink? All the damn time. I had a bunch of red Barbie clothes, plus major characters like Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite wore red. It was often overlooked (how I wanted a red MLP!), but you definitely saw red more often in the 80s than you do now. 

I put Mrs. Heart on my 80s Barbie shelf between Jewel Secrets Whitney and one of my two Dance Club Kaylas. Sweet Roses PJ and all the Rockers are nearby, along with a lot of other favorites. She's home. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment