Wednesday, May 3, 2023

REVIEW: Encanto Family Set



I was lucky and found the new Encanto family pack at Walmart today! This set costs $49.97, a very fair price for five dolls. I'm really hoping they release a pack with Julieta, Agustín and the three girls. They never did release Luisa separately, so I still don't have her! I'll have to grab Bruno the next time I see him, too.





Here's a comparison of my two Dolores dolls. 

On the left is my single-packed doll and on the right is the family pack doll. 





I haven't looked at other single Doloreses, so I don't know if there's a variety in her expression, but these two certainly are different! The family doll has more pink blush, including on her nose. She has a more obvious smile and looks happier in general, as if she's hearing something she likes. The single-packed doll has a smile, too, but it's far more subtle and she looks a bit concerned. 

So yeah, quite different in expression. I'm keeping them both. 






Mischievous Camilo. I love him. You know this boy is up to something. And look at those hands! I love expressive doll hands. 








Antonio is cute, but my least fave. Sorry, little dude. He was cute in the movie, but I thought Dolores played a bigger and more important part, so I was annoyed Antonio got more toys than she did. 





And this here is why I dropped fifty bucks so easily. Pepa is GORGEOUS! I've been hoping she'd get a doll, but I'm blown away by how well they did her. 





Cute earrings. Lovely face with nice blushing. 





This spectacular nose! Love it. 

And she has the nicer hands like Camilo. 

Absolutely love her. She's gotta be one of my favorite Disney dolls ever. 





Félix! This man is massive! I'm pretty sure he's the only doll I've ever seen that had his plastic straps across his shoulders. 

He seems slightly stiffer in motion than the others, but he's so great. 





I love them. 


This pack is very much worth the fifty bucks. I'm so pleased they made these characters!


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely giftset. I don't think it'll be available ever in my country but If it did I would buy it instantly! This family was my favorite part of the movie along with the music. I would try to fix Camilo's hair though, I do understand it is very hard to make it look right in this scale, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so split down the middle! I tried to kind of mush it together a bit, but I'm just not good with hair.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, he does kind of have a center part in the movie, but I guess Camilo inherited his mother's curly hair instead of Felix's afro texture like Antonio and Dolores, as his curls go down instead of up. But of course in this small scale the hair doesn't have enough weight

      Delete
  2. Lo logre conseguir y estoy enamorado..amo este play set

    ReplyDelete