Tuesday, May 9, 2023

REVIEW: IMC Toys Cry Babies BFF STELLA

At the end of April, I mentioned Cry Babies BFF in a post about their company's upcoming VIP doll line. 

Since then, we've seen a sneak peek of Series 3 and there are two girls there I fell in love with. In preparation for their coming out, I decided to watch the show last night. 

Ah, cute characters. My weakness. Well, one of them. 

While I do still stand by my comments that Cry Babies need a boost of diversity in skintones, eye colors and clothing colors, I found myself loving several characters and then buying six of the dolls on Amazon. It helped that they have Series 1 on a massive sale. They're all $11.12 except for Phoebe who is a glorious $9.40. (Not glorious because of why she's cheaper, but because that's a fantastic deal.)

Ordered last night, arrived today. Thanks, Amazon.

BFFs are easy to open. The side panel is taped down. The doll's hat/headband is held to the cardboard with a rubberband, so you don't have to cut anything. The majority of the accessories are loose in that little box part at the bottom there. 

You can see a paper bit on top of that box. It shows the dolls on the back, including a picture of everything the doll in the box comes with, and on the front is a really cute character poster...that is completely ruined by all the creases and the fact that they tape it down. This could easily be rolled up and held with a small rubberband so it could be used as a poster. 

The doll herself is in that tube. You pull it out, pop the lid off, and pull out the doll, who is on a long stand piece, wrapped in tissue paper. I don't like that you can't use the stand because it's just plain ugly, but the dolls can stand on their own. 


Stella has her hat, boots, adorable shell purse, and all the BFFs come with that same blue necklace that allows them to fight the show's antagonist, Shadow. 

The shell purse is pink fading into white. The boots are mostly pale pink, but also white and blue. The hat is all pink with pearly paint on the shell/horn part. 




Right out of the box, Stella wears her hoodie, pants and two scrunchies. 



The body is very poseable, but I was surprised to find she had no neck! I figured that couldn't be right. I played around with her for a bit before her head loosened up and I was able to tug it up, revealing her neck. 


The dolls have painted undies and the first series has pink knees. It's an interesting touch. 




There's her neck!




The hat fits really well. I hate when doll hats don't fit, so kudos to IMC for that. 

If anyone is wondering why I chose Stella to review first, it's because she's my favorite character. Despite being all blonde and pastel, Stella's actually the least emotional of the 10 girls featured on the show. She can be gruff, a bit irritable, and blunt. She seems to get exasperated easily, but she also had one moment in an episode where she did something super thoughtful. So yeah, she's my fave and her doll captures her really well. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment