Thursday, June 1, 2023

MONTH IN REVIEW: May 2023


Let's check out May's arrivals. 


Here's London the raccoon. I'm honestly not sure he'll stick around. I've not even tried to bond with him, which I slightly feel bad about. I'll have to make sure I give him a fair shot. It's just hard to compete with the other Bearhouse characters from last year. 



Dapper little Blitzen. He's very stately and handsome, but not one bit cuddly. He's sitting with my mohairs, who I don't cuddle with. I won't be buying another of these Signature Collection pieces again. He was overpriced for such a small piece and with him not being cuddly at all, both things combined are a deal breaker. 



Kathleen arrived with the first two. She's like Vernon but in different fabrics. Vernon is definitely the far superior bear, but I kept coming back to Kathleen and ended up bringing her home. 





This chunky guy is Granddad from the family series. I saw so many cute ones that I decided to give him an audition once he appeared on QVC. He managed to eclipse all three of the previous newbies and I paid him the most attention. 




This guy. Oh, this guy. This has to be one of the coolest art plush I own. He's a Flora Folk made by Squishy Lobster. 

https://squishylobster.bigcartel.com/

He wasn't cheap, but I fell in love with him immediately. His little arms and legs are poseable. 




He can stand up!


Seriously, I don't have words for how much I love him. 





Tusk was one of my two first 2023 CB characters. I was so surprised that the US's first 2023 arrivals were from the second production quarter. We're finally getting some 1st quarter stuff now. 

Tusk was one of my most wanted from the plush collection. I adore him. He's got the cutest little face! 


My other 2023 addition is Higgledy...and I ended up with two. I liked the green-faced one on the right from my stockist, but I really wanted a red-faced one more like the stock image. I fell for the guy on the left from another stockist and boom, two Higgledys. 



My Doozie Drowsy collection finally got bigger. 

Hoohu the monkey and Jojoe the bear arrived a few days ago. 


And these cats are Noc and Neo. 

I had wanted to order after I got back from vacation at the beginning of the year, but their shop went on quite a long break. I'm relieved they finally reopened! 



And finally, it's Vladimir from Frightlings!



I love these. I'll have to order the black cat, some pillows and jewelry someday. 


So that takes care of May. I can't believe it's June already! Amazon, where the hell are my Abbeys?

No comments:

Post a Comment