Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Opinions on Recent Leaks

No pics. Just me talking. If the store websites get promo pics, then I'll post some. 

Let's begin with MH, of course. 

SKULLTIMATE SECRETS 3: The Neon Frights series looks pretty great. I'm a sucker for neon, because 80s child. Ghoulia looks pretty cute, though I'm just going by the art, of course. Might she actually have red on? Her art doesn't look all pink. Frankie looks good. Kind of excited to see them in pink, yellow and black. They pull it off better than Laura used to. I can't really judge the blurry Laura photo, but I'll likely be skipping her. No Twyla or Toralei yet. 

PETS: Not into the Clawdeen/Laura set at all. The only appealing thing there is those adorable purses. Cleo I will definitely get, because, duh, Cleo. I love the new design for Hissette with her weaving around Cleo! I love everything about this set except that the designers are still on this pink lips kick. WTF is that? Pink is not flattering for Cleo's skintone and it doesn't go with a single thing she wears. Why can't they just use a nice terracotta or light red or something that would actually look good? Whoever keeps doing this needs to be fired. (Yeah, it sounds harsh, but not only are the pink lips a design fail, but her last few dolls have had them, so this person is also very repetitive. Or if they're multiple people, they're all repetitive.) 


On to Rainbow High. 

RUNWAY: The Runway dolls all look decent, but I'm only buying Jade, Ruby and Poppy. I considered Amaya, but honestly, that rainbow fabric looks cheap. 

JUNIOR HIGH SERIES 3: Avery is the standout here, but the twins are also lovely. I only wish they went back to Series 1's ability to change up their hairstyles. Kia looks the same. 

SKYLER STUDIO: Cute for kids who like fashion playsets.

CUSTOM DOLLS: Again, cute for kids or for adults who like to mess around with that sort of thing. I am not one of them, so to me, they'd just be cute dolls in bland clothes. Pass. 

SUNNY & LUNA: I wanted this. I really did when I saw the animation. Then they took away Luna's awesome bodysuit and now it's just weak. 

Holding off comments on the three dolls with different heights til we see them better, but I do like the cast on the Blu girl. 


Shadow High only has one product. Well, Luna in the 2-pack, but you know what I mean. 

SERIES 3: I think their naming person wanted to work for Hasbro, because there's some MLP-style stuff going on with a few of these. I'm looking at you, Pinkie. (Because there are apparently also two Pinkies between this line and RH.) We only have promo pics for two, so I can only really judge them. Rosie Redwood is gorgeous. I absolutely love her. My only complaint is that they missed an opportunity to have a character named Redwood on their new tall body. Then there's Lavender Lynn, who I think will likely be the best doll in the series. Not my favorite, mind you, but the best design. She's stunning. The name is pretty ponyish, but the doll is pure Shadow High beauty. 


Off to LOL Land. 

SWAP TWEENS: I can't tell what these girls' names are. Do they even have names? I like the orange-haired one, but I'm not sold. I want to know how stable the swapping is first. 

SERIES 8: Okay, I think we all know I'm gonna love OMG Neon Musa. I mean, Victory. She's absolutely stellar. Can't wait to get her on my shelf! My surprise here is that my second fave isn't Jams, it's Wildflower. I like Jams thanks to her Stormer hair and she's got a spot on my shelf, but Wildflower is totally gorgeous. She's the best girly style doll they've ever done. 


Disney ILY has some surprise new stuff. 

DISNEY STORE: The ones from the Disney Store are the male doll with the Aladdin theme and some fashion packs: Beauty & the Beast (for the male doll), an Ariel beach accessory set, an amazing Merida outfit that I must have, and some Moana beachwear. I want all of it except the Ariel set. 

JAKKS: Jakks themselves seem to be releasing simpler ILYs without inset eyes (thankfully!) and with different joints. The Bambi doll is a blonde wearing brown with light pink and I'm a sucker for that color combo. Ursula's fan is a tan girl with dark purple streaks in her hair. Her outfits have some excellent pieces, including flowing black pants. The Minnie Mouse girl is black and has lovely microbraids. She's got some cute pieces, but I think she's destined to be redressed. She might look cute in the Merida outfit. The fourth girl is a Stitch-themed brunette who hasn't been found yet. 

I'm hoping they hurry it up and get these available online soon. 


Cry Babies BFF has a single new item that was shown better. Lady is finally getting a doll and she comes with a scooter. Not like a kids' scooter but a vehicle. Are these girls supposed to be old enough to drive? Yikes. Love the doll though! She's got an ever cuter outfit than her show clothes. 


And finally, Purpose Toys has branched out to create Purpose Toys Latin, and they're giving us four stunning Latinistas. These dolls should be just like the Naturalistas in that they're pretty basic, but also gorgeous and quite affordable. I only wish they'd invest in a couple more headmolds. The clothing on these is far better than the Naturalistas. I prefer the bright colors of the Latinistas. I'm getting the ones in orange and green for sure and quite possibly also the pink. 


Okay, I think that does it for now!

1 comment:

  1. Musa! That's who she reminded me off. That entire series is so amazing, though my personal fave is Jams. (It's the duality themed dress. A weakness of mine.)
    And, like, Rosie will be my first Shadow/Rainbow High. The colors look really great and she kinda reminds me of a Vampire: the Masquerade character for some reason, tho that might be me. I can totally see her sipping a literal bloody mary at a nightclub somewhere.
    I'm also starting to get weary with the pink lipstick on Cleo. Especially since it's usually the only thing I dislike on an otherwise stellar doll. Like, I like what I'm seeing here and she might be the Cleo I get.
    I'm going to hold off judging the new Skulltimates, though I like what I'm seeing. I am LIVING for Ghoulia's Controller Earrings and hoodie, and whatever bottom piece she will have has got to be better then her basic one. (I'm a defender of that doll, I actually like the jacket.... but that skirt, man...)

    ReplyDelete