Wednesday, June 14, 2023

FLICKR FLASHBACK: Prettie Girls


I'm slowly removing photos from my Flickr account, so there will be a few posts like this where I show off some less-known doll lines from over the years. 

The Prettie Girls, the inaugural line by One World Doll Project, first started as these Barbie-sized dolls. 

Valencia on the left. Lena on the right. 



There were five characters planned, but it wouldn't be until November that we got the next two. 


This is Kimani.




And my favorite, Dahlia. I'm rather annoyed right now because I don't know where my Dahlia is. I'll have to look around for her. 


Alexie, the fifth doll, was never made that I can remember. 




The next version of the Prettie Girls we got was called Tween Scene. The company partnered with Tonner and used their Little Miss Matched doll bodies for the line, so they're a taller doll. They came out in October 2015. 

I loved the Tween girls so much more than the Barbie-type ones. They're super cute and they still have a nice display space in my room. 

Most of the names are reused, so here is Valencia. 





And here's Lena. 





Sweet Kimani. 




And my fave, Dhara. (No longer Dahlia.)




They went on vacation with me in 2015. 




Alexie actually got included this time. 


And they introduced Hana to the crew. 

These two came out in later October 2015. There were also fashion packs I never bought.


One World Doll Project had plans for another line using the Tonner "City Girls" line, but sadly, they were never made. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment